Dr Prem Prakash Jayaraman
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Software and Electrical Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
Dr. Jayaraman works in the area of distributed systems in particular Internet of Things (IoT), Cloud and Mobile Computing. He has published over 70 papers including 28 Journal papers (Transaction of Cloud Computing, Elsevier Computational Science, Transactions on Large-Scale Data- and Knowledge-Centred Systems, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, The Scientific World Journal) in the related area of his research. His Google Scholar citation is 1118 with a h-index of 18 (https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?hl=en&user=bvgJEG0AAAAJ&view_op=list_works&sortby=pubdate).
Prior to joining Swinburne, Dr Jayaraman was a Post Doctoral Research Scientist (2012 - 2015) in the Digital Productivity and Services Flagship of Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO) – Australian Government’s Premier Research Agency. Prior to that, he worked as a Research Fellow and Lecturer at the Centre for Distributed Systems and Software Engineering, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia (2010 – 2011).
He is an active member and a significant contributor (research and development) to the EU FP7 STReP project (4.182M euro with EU funding of 2.455M euro), Open source platform for Internet of Things (OpenIoT - www.openiot.eu). The project has focused on developing an open source cloud-based middleware platform for Internet of Things that facilitates sensor discovery, real time data analytics with use cases in agriculture, smart cities, smart manufacturing and elderly health care management domains. The OpenIoT project won the prestigious Black Duck Rookie of the Year Award in 2013.
Dr Jayaraman obtained his PhD (2011) from Monash University where he worked on developing a context-aware middleware for collecting data from wireless sensors networks using mobile smart phones in smart city environments. His thesis was titled "Cost-Efficient Collection and Delivery of Sensor Data using Mobile Devices". His PhD paper titled "Intelligent Processing of K-Nearest Neighbours Queries using Mobile Data Collectors in a Location Aware 3D Wireless Sensor Network" was awared the Best Paper Award at the Twenty Third International Conferences on Industrial, Engineering & Other Applications of Applied Intelligent Systems (IEA-AIE 2010).
He is also the recipient of several awards including hackathon challenges:
- Unearthed hackathon Melbourne
- The 4th International Conference on IoT (2014) at MIT media lab, Cambridge, MA
- IoT Week 2014 in London.
Cloud Computing; Internet of Things; Mobile Computing
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
- 2015, National, First Prize - IoT Hackathon, Unearthed
Also published as: Jayaraman, Prem; Jayaraman, P.; Jayaraman, Prem Prakash; Jayaraman, P. P.; Jayaraman, Prem P.; Prakash Jayaraman, P.; Prakash Jayaraman, Prem
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: Peter Mac - 'Smartphone APP: 4-Model Decision Support Tool. ' *; Project Concept Proposal
- 2020: Reducing the cost of medication errors and non adherence *; Project Concept Proposal
- 2020: Workshop to establish India-Australia Internet of Things Training Academy *; DFAT Australia India Council
- 2019: Assessment of data requirement for a Supply Chain Traceability Platform *; Bondi Laboratories Pty Ltd
- 2019: Connected roads Road safety data and analysis *; iMOVECRC
- 2019: Development and Trial of an IoT Solution *; Australian Meat Processor Corporation
- 2019: Development of an Internet of Things-based Physical Access Controller *; Innovation Connections
- 2019: Development of an IoT solution for counting and scaling of logs for export Supply Chains *; InventoryDataSolutions_PT
- 2019: Development of portable parasite identification and counting prototype system for farms *; Gallagher Australia Pty Ltd
- 2019: Digital Wallets: The impacts, implications and issues *; 460degrees_PT
- 2019: Industry 4.0 Data-driven study for dealing with variation in the Vegemite Evaporation Process *; Bega Cheese Pty Ltd
- 2019: Industry 4.0 Inbound Milk Supply Chain Monitoring Pilot *; Bega Cheese Pty Ltd
- 2019: Live Inbound Milk Logistics Monitoring and Forecasting Platform *; Bega Cheese Pty Ltd
- 2018: Bus replacement services for rail passenger service disruptions *; iMOVECRC
- 2018: Development of a deep-learning based solution for detecting corrosion in industrial assets using images captured from drones *; Robonomics AI
- 2018: Development of a predictive machine health monitoring system for the factory of the future *; Asahi Holdings Pty Ltd - Fund Scheme
- 2018: DXC Transformation Centre at Swinburne *; DXC Technology Pty Ltd
- 2018: Industry 4.0 Business Consulting *; DXC Technology Pty Ltd
- 2018: NetCollect - Online social network data collection and visualization platform *; SNA Think Tank Fund Scheme
- 2018: Social and Economic Inclusion Evaluation of a Peer Support Platform for People with low vision and blindness *; DXC Technology Pty Ltd
- 2017: Development and trial of a IoT-based system for environmental and corporate compliance monitoring of retail fuel outlets. *; Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display