Dr Pragalathan Apputhurai
Applied Statistics, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia; Applied Statistcs, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka; Bachelor of Science, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
Pragalathan [Prahan] Apputhurai is a Lecturer in Applied Statistics at Swinburne University of Technology. He completed his PhD degree in Applied Statistics for which he received a scholarship (SUPRA) from Swinburne University. His research interests are Statistical Inference, Data Modelling (Environmental events), Bayesian Statistics and Statistical Computing. Prahan teaches into the under-graduate and post-graduate programs in the field of Applied Statistics. Prahan supervises PhD and masters students in many areas including Bayesian Statistics, Extreme events modelling, Factor Analysis and Structural Equation Modelling.
Extreme value theory; Bayesian data analysis
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Applied Statistics - 490501
- Other Health Sciences - 429900
- Statistical Theory - 490509
Advanced Statistics and Big Data;Biostatistics;Financial Statistics
- 2016, Swinburne, Vice Chancellor's 2016 Teaching Excellence (Higher Education), Swinburne University of Technology
- 2009, Swinburne, SUPRA, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2003, Other, Academic Excellence at the B Sc Examinations, University of Peradeniya
Also published as: Apputhurai, Pragalathan; Apputhurai, P.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2022: Application of Bayesian Methodology to Aviation Safety Data *; Civil Aviation Safety Authority
- 2018: Pathways to re-integration among Indigenous and non-Indigenous women: The role of social, economic and psychological empowerment. *; Department of Justice, Corrective Services NSW
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display