Professor Nilmini Wickramasinghe
PhD, Case Western Reserve University, United States; MBA, Melbourne Business School, Australia; BSc, University of Melbourne, Australia
Professor Nilmini Wickramasinghe (PhD, MBA, Grad DipMgtSt, BSc). After completing five degrees at the University of Melbourne, Australia, Nilmini accepted a full scholarship to undertake PhD studies at Case Western Reserve University’s Weatherhead School of Management in Cleveland, Ohio USA in health informatics management and later completed an executive program in value-based healthcare at Harvard Business School.
For over 20 years she has been actively, researching and teaching within the health informatics domain in both US and Australia with a particular focus on designing, developing and deploying suitable models, strategies and techniques grounded in various management principles to facilitate the implementation and adoption of technology solutions to effect superior, value-based patient centric care delivery. Professor Wickramasinghe collaborates with leading scholars at various premier healthcare organizations and universities throughout Australasia, US and Europe and is well published with more than 400 referred scholarly articles, more than 10 books, numerous book chapters, an encyclopaedia and a well established funded research track record. She holds a patent around analytics solution for managing healthcare data and is the editor-in-chief of two scholarly journals published by InderScience: Intl. J. Biomedical engineering and Technology(www.inderscience.com/ijbet) and Intl. J Networking and virtual Organisations(www.inderscience.com/ijnvo) as well as the editor of the Springer book series Healthcare Delivery in the Information Age.
Currently, Nilmini is the Professor of Digital Health and the Deputy Director of the Iverson Health Innovation Research Institute at Swinburne University of Technology and inaugural Professor – Director Health Informatics Management at Epworth HealthCare. She is also an honorary research professor at the Peter MacCallum Cancer centre.
Health Technology Assessment; digital health; health informatics
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Health Services And Systems - 420300
- Public Health - 420600
Also published as: Wickramasinghe, Nilmini; Wickramasinghe, N.; Wickramasinghe, Nimini
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2021: Design and Development of Navigator Mobile Application for Northern Health *; Northern Health
- 2021: Smartphone Tele-Assessment to Enable Superior Monitoring and Diagnosis of Postural and Functional Control in Total Knee Replacements *; Defence Health Foundation
- 2020: Applying AI and ML to Design and Develop better Clinical Care Paths *; Epworth Healthcare
- 2020: Assessing the benefit of digital twins to provide better uterine cancer care for Epworth Patients *; Epworth Healthcare
- 2020: Peter Mac - 'Smartphone APP: 4-Model Decision Support Tool. ' *; Project Concept Proposal
- 2020: Reducing the cost of medication errors and non adherence *; Project Concept Proposal
- 2019: Digital Health Data Analytics Postdoctoral Fellow support *; Epworth Healthcare
- 2019: Integrating mental wellness and brain wellness assessment/advice on SiSU stations *; Digital Health CRC
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display