Professor Mile Terziovski
PhD, University of Melbourne, Australia; MBA, RMIT University, Australia; Research Masters of Engineering (Hons), University of Wollongong, Australia; Bachelor of Engineering (Hons), University of Wollongong, Australia
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Department of Business Technology and Entrepreneurship
- BA1206 Hawthorn campus
Professor Milé Terziovski joined Swinburne University of Technology in January 2018 as Professor of Entrepreneurship and Innovation and Director of the Maters of Entrepreneurship and Innovation (MEI) Program. He was appointed Department Chair Business Technology and Entrepreneurship during July 2018. Professor Terziovski is the former Dean of the Curtin Graduate School of Business and held a continuing Professorial Chair in Innovation over a 4year period. Previously, he was Head of the International Graduate School of Business, at the University of South Australia (UniSA), and held a continuing Professorial Chair in Strategy and Innovation, for a period of 4 years. He is a Visiting Professor in the Centre for Innovation at the University of Versailles, in France.
Professor Terziovski worked at the University of Melbourne as a Senior Lecturer and Associate Professor and held the position of Executive Director of the Centre for Global Innovation and Entrepreneurship for a period of 10 years. He also worked at Monash University as a Senior Lecturer for 4 years. Prior to his Academic career, he was an Engineer with the Rio Tinto Group and held management positions in maintenance, production and project leadership over a period of 17 years. He left Rio in 1991 to undertake PhD research at the Melbourne Business School.
Professor Terziovski has published 53 peer-reviewed articles in leading international journals, including 8 articles in ABDC Ranked A* journals, 9 articles published in ABDC A ranked journals, 4 books, including a book published by Imperial College Press, London, on Building Innovation Capability in Organisations. He has published in the prestigious Journal of Operations Management (JOM) where he won a best paper award and published a single-authored article in the highly prestigious Strategic Management Journal (SMJ). He is also the recipient of two Best paper awards from the US Academy of Management and was nominated for an all-academy international best paper award.
Professor Terziovski has received more than $3M in competitive research grant funding including an Australian Research Council (ARC) Discovery Grant; two ARC Linkage Grants; two International Science Linkage Grants in collaboration with European Commission funded projects; and a Technology Diffusion Grant as seed funding for the establishment of the Euro-Australian Cooperation Centre for Global Innovation Management. Professor Terziovski has supervised 9 PhD students to completion as the Main Supervisor (5 at the University of Melbourne, 3 at UniSA and 1 at Curtin University) and 3 as the Associate Supervisor at the University of Melbourne. He has also supervised 15 Honours students to completion (9 at Monash University and 6 at the University of Melbourne).
Professor Terziovski has consulted to a diverse group of companies both large and small, including Motorola, Dow Chemical, Ford Australia, PETRONAS in Malaysia, and conducted case study research in France with Eurocopter, Merck, IBM, Xerox, and La Poste. He has served on the President’s Advisory Council for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, established by the former President of the Republic of Macedonia. He is a Former Deputy Chair of the Academic Board, at the Australian Institute of Management in Melbourne, and former member of the Governance Board for the Small Enterprise Association of Australia and New Zealand (SEAANZ), ehere he served for 3 years. He is a past member of the Academy of Management, Operations Management Division Executive and served as LISTSERV Manager and Web Master for 8 years. He is also a member of the Entrepreneurship and Technology and Innovation Management Divisions.
Professor Terziovski holds a BEng with Honours and MEng with Honours from the University of Wollongong, an MBA from RMIT University, a Diploma in Management (HRM) from University of Newcastle and a PhD in Quality and Innovation Management from the Melbourne Business School, the University of Melbourne, and is a Graduate of teh Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD).
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Innovation And Technology Management - 150307
- Quality Management - 150313
- Entrepreneurship - 150304
- 2010, National, 10 Dean Awards for Teaching Excellence -2001-2010, The University of Melbourne
- 2009, International, Best Paper Award, Academy of Management - Operations Management Division
- 2008, International, Best Paper Award , Academy of Management - Operations Management Division
- 2006, National, Dean Award for Research Excellence, The University of Melbourne
- 1994, National, Australian Postgraduate Research Award (Industry), Australian Research Council and Rio Tinto Ltd
- 1994 - 1998: President, Macedonian Community Council of Melbourne and Victoria, Australia
- 1995 - 2000: President, Macedonian Council of Australia, Australia
- 2005 - 2007: Board Member, Australian Institute of Management - Academic Board, Australia
- 2015 (current): Board Member, Small Enterprise Association of Australia and New Zealand (SEAANZ), Australia
- 2016 (current): Chair, CIHE - Academic Advisory Board, Australia
- 2010 - 2014: Chair, University of South Australia, International Graduate School of Business, Australia
- 2014 - 2017: Chair, Curtin University, Graduate School of Business, Australia
- 2013 (current): Assessor, TEQSA, Australia
- 2012 - 2012: Assessor, ARC ERA , Australia
- 2010 - 2010: Member, Department of Further Education, Employment Science and Technology (DFEEST), State Government of South Australia (nominated by the Vice Chancellor), Select Country/Region
Also published as: Terziovski, Mile; Terziovski, M.; Terziovski, Milé
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2019: How to raise the status of teachers using digitally mediated social innovation *; ACDE_PT
- 2018: Building leadership capability models for different levels with ACEM *; ACEM
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display