Dr Maryanne Pale
- Faculty of Health, Arts & Design
- School of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Department of Education
- AS327 Hawthorn campus
Dr. Maryanne Pale completed her undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in the field of education and teaching at The University of Auckland in New Zealand. The highest qualification that she holds is a PhD in Education from The University of Auckland, which she graduated with in 2014. In the following year, she re-located from Auckland, New Zealand to Sydney, Australia to take up a position at Western Sydney University under the School of Social Sciences and Psychology, and then she took on an additional position in 2016 at the School of Education. In June 2017, she re-located from Sydney to Melbourne to commence her current role as a Lecturer in the Department of Education, Faculty of Health, Arts and Design at Swinburne University of Technology.
Maryanne has published in the Asia-Pacific Journal of Teacher Education and in the journal of Issues in Educational Research. Her research interests include the fields of English and Literacy Curriculum and Pedagogy, Assessments in Education, the Teaching and Learning of Pasifika students, and Culturally and Linguistically Responsive Pedagogies. In addition, she is interested in exploring other forms of interactive pedagogies by drawing from other academic fields such as educational psychology (child development), social psychology (how social and environmental constructs influence on child literacy development), and cultural anthropology (influence of culture on the literacy development of indigenous students).
Maryanne is a current member of the Victorian Early Childhood Research Consortium, the Australian Teacher Education Association and the Australian Literacy Educators’ Association.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Associate Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- English And Literacy Curriculum And Pedagogy (excl. Lote, Esl And Tesol) - 130204
- Primary Education (excl. Maori) - 130105
- Pacific Peoples Education - 130311
- 2017 - 2018: Committee Member, Cultural Advisory Panel, Pacific Young Peoples Mapping Project, Brimbank, VIC, Australia
- 2018 - 2018: Committee Member, Melbourne Local Council, Australian Literacy Educators' Association, Australia
- 2016 - 2016: Member, Sydney Power Pacific Interagency Network, Australia
- 2015 - 2015: Member, Pacific Island Mt Druitt Action Network, Sydney, Australia
- 2017 - 2018: Member, Victorian Early Childhood Research Consortium, Australia
- 2017 - 2018: Member, NSW Pacific Professional and Business Women's Network, Australia
- 2020 - 2020: Member, The Australian Teacher Education Association, Australia
- 2020 - 2020: Member, Victorian Early Childhood Research Consortium, Australia
Also published as: Pale, Maryanne; Pale, M.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
There are no grants to display.
There are no media items to display