Dr Maryanne Pale
- Faculty of Health, Arts & Design
- School of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Department of Education
- AS327 Hawthorn campus
Dr. Maryanne Pale is a Lecturer in the Department of Education at Swinburne University of Technology. She has published in the Asia-Pacific Journal of Teacher Education and in the Journal of Issues in Educational Research. Currently, she is leading a research project with Dr. Sarah Ohi from Deakin University. The research project explores pre-service teachers' theory-praxis nexus in early years literacy education.
Maryanne's research interests include the fields of English and Literacy Curriculum and Pedagogy, Assessments in Education, the Teaching and Learning of Pasifika students, and Culturally and Linguistically Responsive Pedagogies. In addition, she is interested in exploring other forms of interactive pedagogies by drawing from other academic fields such as educational psychology (child development), social psychology (how social and environmental constructs influence young peoples' learning), and cultural anthropology (how culture influences the learning of indigenous young peoples).
Maryanne graduated from The University of Auckland with qualifications in the arts and teaching, and with a Master of Education (Honours). In following, she worked as a registered teacher, a reading specialist for early years education and as a researcher before graduating with a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Education from The University of Auckland. Prior to her appointment at Swinburne, Maryanne held professional and academic positions at the School of Education and the School of Social Sciences and Psychology at Western Sydney University.
Currently, Maryanne is a member of the Victorian Early Childhood Research Consortium, the VicTESOL, the Australian Literacy Educators’ Association, and the Australian Teacher Education Association. Previously, she was a member of the Cultural Advisory Panel for Charis Mentoring Inc.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Associate Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- English And Literacy Curriculum And Pedagogy (excl. Lote, Esl And Tesol) - 130204
- Primary Education (excl. Maori) - 130105
- Pacific Peoples Education - 130311
- 2017 - 2018: Committee Member, Cultural Advisory Panel, Pacific Young Peoples Mapping Project, Brimbank, VIC, Australia
- 2018 - 2018: Committee Member, Melbourne Local Council, Australian Literacy Educators' Association, Australia
- 2016 - 2016: Member, Sydney Power Pacific Interagency Network, Australia
- 2015 - 2015: Member, Pacific Island Mt Druitt Action Network, Sydney, Australia
- 2017 - 2018: Member, Victorian Early Childhood Research Consortium, Australia
- 2017 - 2018: Member, NSW Pacific Professional and Business Women's Network, Australia
- 2020 - 2020: Member, VicTESOL, Australia
- 2020 - 2020: Member, The Australian Teacher Education Association, Australia
- 2020 - 2020: Member, Victorian Early Childhood Research Consortium, Australia
Also published as: Pale, Maryanne; Pale, M.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
There are no grants to display.
There are no media items to display