Dr Maryanne Pale
- Faculty of Health, Arts & Design
- School of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Department of Education
- AS327 Hawthorn campus
Dr. Maryanne Pale is a Lecturer in the Department of Education at Swinburne University of Technology. Currently, she is leading a research project with Dr. Sarah Ohi from Deakin University which investigates pre-service teachers' theory-praxis nexus in relation to early years literacy education. Maryanne has published research in international peer-reviewed journals. Her research interests include the fields of English and literacy education, Pasifika education, and the education of children and students from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Maryanne graduated from The University of Auckland, New Zealand, with qualifications in the arts and teaching. In following, she worked as a registered teacher and a reading specialist for early years education in South Auckland, New Zealand. Upon completing a Master of Education (Honours) from The University of Auckland, she transitioned out of teaching and into work as researcher. After graduating with a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Education from The University of Auckland, she had relocated from New Zealand to Australia for work. She held professional and academic positions at the School of Education and the School of Social Sciences and Psychology at Western Sydney University (New South Wales). In 2017, she was appointed as a Lecturer at Swinburne University of Technology (Victoria).
As an Associate Supervisor for Higher Degree Research students, Maryanne is available to supervise prospective Masters and PhD students who are interested in the education of students from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; Pasifika education; family-school partnerships; literacy education; and Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages.
Maryanne is a current member of the Victorian Early Childhood Research Consortium, the Australian Teacher Education Association and the VicTESOL. She is also a committee member of the Pasifika Education Advisory Group for Charis Mentoring Inc.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Associate Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- English And Literacy Curriculum And Pedagogy (excl. Lote, Esl And Tesol) - 130204
- Primary Education (excl. Maori) - 130105
- Pacific Peoples Education - 130311
- 2018 - 2018: Committee Member, Melbourne Local Council, Australian Literacy Educators' Association, Australia
- 2020 - 2021: Committee Member, Pasifika Education Advisory Group, Melbourne, Australia
- 2018 - 2019: Committee Member, Pasifika Cultural Advisory Panel, Melbourne, Australia
- 2016 - 2016: Member, Sydney Power Pacific Interagency Network, Australia
- 2015 - 2015: Member, Pacific Island Mt Druitt Action Network, Sydney, Australia
- 2017 - 2021: Member, Victorian Early Childhood Research Consortium, Australia
- 2017 - 2018: Member, NSW Pacific Professional and Business Women's Network, Australia
- 2020 - 2021: Member, VicTESOL, Australia
- 2020 - 2021: Member, The Australian Teacher Education Association, Australia
Also published as: Pale, Maryanne; Pale, M.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
There are no grants to display.
There are no media items to display