Dr Margaret Nixon
Dr Nixon is a Lecturer in forensic behavioural science at the Centre for Forensic Behavioural Science, and is the Convenor of the professional graduate programs in Forensic Behavioural Science, Forensic Mental Health Nursing, and Specialised Forensic Assessment and Risk Management. She completed her PhD at Monash University, and has worked across many large research projects in both health and forensic research areas. She has particular expertise in the management of sensitive information, data linkage methodologies, qualitative research and service evaluations. Her research interests include intellectual disability, dual disability, prison based interventions and the intersection between offending and victimisation.
Forensic Psychology; Mental Health; Disability
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
PhD topics and outlines
Borderline intellectual disability and criminal offending: People with borderline intellectual disability (ID) share risk factors for offending with people with ID, but not the same support. This project will determine the impact that borderline ID has on offending prevalence and trajectories .
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Forensic Psychology - 520103
- Mental Health Services - 420313
Also published as: Nixon, Margaret; Nixon, M.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2021: Provision of training package design for Community Corrections *; Queensland Corrective Services Fund Scheme
- 2020: Evaluation of New and Enhanced Service Responses to Youth Sexual Violence and Abuse (RFQ) *; Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women (Qld)
- 2020: Interaction of People with Disability and the Justice System *; Department of Social Services
- 2020: RFQ - Review of the Countering Violent Extremism in School Initiatives *; Australian Government Department of Education
- 2015: Evaluation Services - Smoke Free Prisons Project *; Victorian Department of Justice
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display