Associate Professor Malcolm Abbott
Malcolm has worked for a number of years in private business, the public sector and in the university sector The main areas in which he has been engaged have been in the valuation of assets in the utilities sector, investigating the management, structure and corporate governance of utilities, the development of energy markets (natural gas and electricity), and the manner in which pricing and access to network infrastructure is regulated by government agencies. Related to this work have been projects undertaken on productivity and efficiency measurements, electricity and gas demand forecasting, and water sector management. In addition he has also worked in other areas of government policy including rail, seaports, airports, telecommunications, and education. Prior to working for Swinburne University he worked in the Risk & Advisory Division of KPMG. In addition he has also worked for the ACCC, the Victorian Cabinet, and as a consultant advisor to industry groups and goverments in Australia, New Zealand, the Phillipines, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Singapore, Peru, and Argentina.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Business And Management - 150300
- Financial Accounting - 150103
- Applied Economics - 140200
Also published as: Abbott, Malcolm; Abbott, M.; Abbott, M. J.; Abbott, Malcolm J.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2018: Modelling Gippsland's Future Health and Community Services Workforce *; LaTrobe Valley Authority Fund Scheme
- 2018: Towards an optimal employment strategy for people seeking asylum in Victoria *; Asylum Seeker Resource Centre Fund Scheme
- 2017: Mapping and Analysis of Social Enterprises in Victoria 2017 *; Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport & Resources Fund Scheme
- 2017: Nation Building in Argentina: Harnessing Australia's Experience for Sustainable Development *; DFAT Australia Awards Fellowships
- 2017: PhD Scholarship for Thi Ha My TRAN *; Vietnam International Education Development
- 2013: Asset Valuation by Govt Trading Enterprises: A Re-evaluation of Pricing Issues *; CPA Australia
- 2013: The Future of Water Supply and Infrastructure Investment in Indonesia's Major Cities *; SMEC International
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display