Dr Jonathan Kingsley
Doctor of Philosophy, Public Health, Deakin University, Australia; Masters of Horticulture (Research), University of Melbourne, Australia; Honours of Health Science, Deakin University, Australia; Bachelors of Applied Science, Deakin University, Australia
- Faculty of Health, Arts & Design
- School of Health Sciences
- Department of Health and Medical Sciences
- 6 Luton Lane Hawthorn campus
Dr Kingsley is a Lecturer in Health Communication (Swinburne University of Technology) and Honorary Fellow in the Melbourne School of Population and Global Health (The University of Melbourne). Dr Kingsley has dedicated the better part of the past decade working in Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations, government bodies, academic institutes and NGO’s across Australia in the public health and community development field. Jonathan sees our natural environment as central to health and having the capacity to bridge health inequalities (the basis of his Honours, Masters, PhD and previous Visiting Academic position at Cambridge University). Jonathan views himself as not only an academic but also an activist publishing many journal articles, lecturing and tutoring, having experience in program management in the government, community and NGO sector, reviewing peer-reviewed journals, winning environment awards (most notably at Parks Victoria and the International Association for Ecology and Health) and sitting on multiple steering committees related to Indigenous and environmental health. Having worked with culturally diverse Aboriginal communities for over 13 years, and, as a non-Indigenous person, Jonathan always attempts to listen to others to understand different worldviews, identify barriers and resolve issues in a respectful manner to cultivate trust and cooperation.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Associate Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Public Health And Health Services - 111700
- 2016, International, Exceptional Early Career Contribution, International Association for Ecology & Health
- 2015, International, Future Leader Academy - 1st World Forum on Ecosystem Governance, International Union for Conservation of Nature
- 2013, Other, Award for Excellence, Faculty of Health, Deakin University
- 2009, Other, Kookaburra Healthy Parks, Healthy People Award , Parks Victoria
Also published as: Kingsley, Jonathan; Kingsley, J.; Kingsley, Jonathan Yotti
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
There are no grants to display.
There are no media items to display