Professor Jun Han
- School of Software and Electrical Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
- EN507b Hawthorn campus
Professor Jun Han is a software systems and services expert with Swinburne’s School of Software and Electrical Engineering. He is the leader of the Networked Software Systems and Services research group, and a research leader with the national Smart Services Cooperative Research Centre (Smart Services CRC) and the national Cooperative Research Centre in Advanced Automotive Technology (Auto CRC). At Swinburne, he has held a range of service roles, including Deputy Dean (Research) of the ICT Faculty and Head of Computer Science and Software Engineering.
Professor Han’s research interests span the areas of adaptive and context-aware software systems, cloud software systems, services engineering and management, and software and system architectures. He is also concerned with software security and performance as well as system integration, evolution and interoperability.
Professor Han received his PhD in Computer Science from The University of Queensland. Prior to joining Swinburne, he was an Assiciate Professor in the Faculty of Information Technology at Monash University. He has held visiting positions at University College London, Tsinghua University, Peking University, and a number of other universities across Australia and overseas.
Software engineering; Service oriented architecture; Cloud computing; Adaptive software systems; Context-aware computing; Enterprise software systems; Software systems qualities; Telematics; Information Technology
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Software Engineering - 461200
- 2007, Swinburne, Vice-Chancellor's Research Excellence Award, Swinburne University of Technology
Also published as: Han, Jun; Han, J.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2019: Re-Engineering Enterprise Systems for Microservices in the Cloud *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2016: Virtual environments for improved enterprise software deployment *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
- 2013: Work Package 3 (Services Variability) in the Service Delivery & Aggregation project *; Smart Services CRC
- 2012: Service delivery and aggregation *; Smart Services CRC
- 2011: Service Delivery & Aggregation Project (Student Agreement with Indika Priyantha Kumara Weerasingha Dewage) *; Smart Services CRC: Service Aggregation
- 2010: AutoCRC Student agreement for Justin King *; AutoCRC
- 2010: Security assurance for service-oriented software systems *; QATAR University
- 2010: Service Delivery and Aggregation: Adaptive service delivery (SDA03/WP01) *; Smart Services CRC: Service Aggregation
- 2009: Auto CRC postgraduate scholarship - Muhammad Ashad Kabir *; AutoCRC
- 2009: Auto CRC postgraduate scholarship M M Mahmoud Hussein *; AutoCRC
- 2009: Extended service delivery use cases *; Smart Services CRC: Service Delivery Framework
- 2008: AutoCRC Postgraduate Student Agreement for Aldeida Aleti *; AutoCRC
- 2008: AUTOCRC scholarship agreement: Indika Meedeniya *; AutoCRC
- 2008: Safe and reliable integration and deployment architectures for automotive software systems (Postgrad research scholarship) *; AutoCRC
* Chief Investigator