Associate Professor Jerome Donovan
- School of Business, Law and Entrepreneurship (SoBLE)
- Department of Business Technology and Entrepreneurship
- BA1124 Hawthorn campus
Dr Jerome Donovan is an Associate Professor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation at Swinburne University of Technology. He is also Co-Founder of mDetect Pty Ltd. and Sensfit Technologies Pty Ltd. Alongside these roles, he is a Principal Advisor in Technology Entrepreneurship and Commercialization Development with the Ministry of Science and Technology (Vietnam). He has recently served as the Discipline Leader for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at Swinburne, a Senior Advisor in Economic Development for the Ministry of Planning and Investment (Lao PDR), and Advisor with the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet (Australia).
Dr Donovan has most recently been working on projects with the Global Reporting Initiative Organization looking at integrating sustainability reporting into global value chains, and with Fairtrade ANZ looking at sustainable and ethical supply chains in the Indo-Pacific. His research interests span corporate sustainability assessments, global value chains, innovation, and international development. He has published across a range of disciplines including sustainability, innovation and entrepreneurship, international business and higher education.
Dr Donovan has worked on a number of large external projects including a project with six national governments across ASEAN (Myanmar, Lao PDR, Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines) on developing a best practice model for corporate sustainability assessments, and profiling innovation practices and performance in the Australia Manufacturing Sector (with AMCRC). He also served as a Program Leader of SME Engagement, Education and Innovation Management with the Advanced Manufacturing CRC. His roles at Swinburne have also included positions as the Co-Program Leader for Innovation and Internationalisation within the Centre for Enterprise Performance and Program Coordinator for the MBA (International).
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Design - 330300
- Entrepreneurship - 350704
- Technology Management - 350307
- Innovation Management - 350705
Also published as: Donovan, Jerome; Donovan, J.; Donovan, J. D.; Donovan, Jerome D.; Donovan, Jerome Denis
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2023: Mining with muons: muon tomography methods for site exploration and safety management *; Department of Education - Australia’s Economic Accelerator
- 2022: Research on the inclusive design market *; ABILITY WORKS AUSTRALIA LTD FUND SCHEME
- 2016: Increasing sustainable and ethical supply chains in the Indo-Pacific *; FAIRTRADE
- 2015: Integrating sustainability reporting into global value chains *; Global Reporting initiative
- 2015: Sustainability Assessments: An Investigation of the Sustainability Practices of Organisations in Sarawak *; Melbourne-Sarawak Research Collaboration Scheme
- 2012: The Innovativity Audit: Developing an online service portfolio *; Advanced Manufacturing CRC Polymer Concrete Systems 1
- 2011: Benchmarking innovation capability and practices in Australian organisations *; Advanced Manufacturing CRC
- 2010: The balance between risk and growth opportunities for Australian organistions in international markets *; Researcher Development Scheme
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display