Professor Jeffrey Davis
PhD, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom; BSc(hons), Monash University, Australia
- School of Science
- Centre for Quantum and Optical Science
- Optical Sciences Centre
- Department of Physics and Astronomy
- EN132 Hawthorn campus
Jeff leads the ultrafsat spectroscopy group at Swinburne where he develops new experimental approaches to reveal ever more details in order to understand and control the physics of complex condensed matter systems. His research interests span from photosynthetic light-harvesting, to semiconductor nanaostructures and strongly correlated materials (eg high temperature superconductors). Much of this work is beig done within the ARC Centre of Excellence for Future Low-Energy Elecrtonics Technologies, in which Jeff is a chief Investigator, but he has also attracted funding from Discovery Project grants, large Equipment grants and an ARC Future Fellowship, whcih have allowed him to build a successful reserach group.
Ultrafast Laser Science and Spectroscopy; Condensed Matter Physics; 2D Materials; Strongly correlated electron systems; Quantum Materials
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Nonlinear Optics And Spectroscopy - 510203
- Condensed Matter Characterisation Technique Development - 510401
- Electronic And Magnetic Properties Of Condensed Matter; Superconductivity - 510404
Solid State Physics;Optics
Also published as: Davis, Jeffrey; Davis, J.; Davis, J. A.; Davis, Jeff; Davis, Jeffrey A.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2022: TMD Manufacturing *; ARC Centre of Excellence Scheme
- 2021: Automated UV-C disinfection of COVID-19, aka, COVID Killer *; Innovative Manufacturing CRC
- 2021: Multidimensional Coherent Spectroscopy of Strongly Correlated Materials *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2020: Ultrafast Laser Spectroscopy Facility *; ARC Linkage Infrastructure and Equipment Scheme
- 2017: ARC Centre of Excellence in Future Low-Energy Electronics Technologies *; ARC Centre of Excellence Scheme
- 2017: Facility for exploring light-matter interactions in space, time and energy *; ARC Linkage Infrastructure and Equipment Scheme
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display