Dr Harry Banyard
Harry Banyard is a Lecturer in Exercise and Sports Science at Swinburne University of Technology. Prior to becoming a Lecturer at Swinburne, Harry was the Athlete Development Manager at the West Australian Football Commission, and completed his PhD at Edith Cowan University on the topic of Velocity-Based Training: Monitoring, Implementation and Effects on Strength and Power.
His research areas include: monitoring resistance training and athletic performance, exercise prescription across the lifespan, long term athlete development, and velocity-based resistance training.
Sport Science; Sports Performance Technology; Exercise & Mood Disorders; Telehealth Exercise Prescription; Long Term Athlete Development; Strength Training; Sports Performance Monitoring; Exercise Prescription; Injury Prevention; Athlete Monitoring
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
PhD topics and outlines
Exercise and Mental Health Research:
Velocity-based Resistance Training Research:
Available to supervise honours students.
Honours topics and outlines
Jump Profile Comparisons in Elite Junior Australian Footballers:
Fields of Research
- Sports Science And Exercise - 420700
Sport Science;Exercise Prescription;Strength & Conditioning;Injury Rehabilitation;Exercise Science
Also published as: Banyard, Harry; Banyard, H.; Banyard, Henry; Banyard, H. G.; Banyard, Harry G.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2021: Validation of a linear position transducer's accuracy in resistance training exercises *; KINETIC PERFORMANCE TECHNOLOGY PTY LTD FUND SCHEME
* Chief Investigator
- 2022-04-08: Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science | Swinburne University of Technology - Swinburne University of Technology - YouTube
- 2020-05-07: Velocity Zones for Power Cleans Feat. Harry Banyard - FLEX STRONGER
- 2019-12-28: A Master Class on Velocity-Based Training with Harry Banyard - SIMPLYFASTER - Technology for Athletic Development
- 2018-02-28: The Reliability of Individualized Load-Velocity Profiles - Strength of Science - Audio Abstracts