Dr Chris K Wilson
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Centre for Social Impact Swinburne
- AGSE203C Hawthorn campus
Dr Chris K Wilson is Research Fellow with the Centre for Social Impact at Swinburne University of Technology. For more than 20 years, he has been involved in planning and conducting interdisciplinary social research that engages concepts and methodologies drawn from economics, human geography, history, media studies, education, and policy studies. Chris is currently the principal Research Fellow for the Australian Digital Inclusion Index (ADII) project (digitalinclusionindex.org.au), a collaborative venture between Swinburne University, RMIT University, Telstra and Roy Morgan Research that seeks to measure the level and nature of digital inclusion registered by Australians over time. Chris’ other ongoing research centres on media and communications infrastructure. He is currently completing a book on the history of Australian youth radio as well as an investigation into the impact that liberalisation of access to broadcast spectrum in Australia in the 1990s had on social and cultural innovation.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Co-Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Film, Television And Digital Media - 190200
- Communications And Media Policy - 160503
Also published as: Wilson, Chris; Wilson, Christopher; Wilson, C. K.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2019: Australian Digital Inclusion Index *; Telstra Digital Inclusion Index
- 2019: Digital Literacy Train-The-Trainer (TTT) Program as place-based social action: a pilot program case study evaluation *; Telstra Corporation Limited
- 2019: Remote Indigenous Communities Digital Inclusion Project *; Telstra Corporation Limited
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display