Dr Belinda Paulovich
- School of Design
- Centre for Design Innovation
- Department of Communication Design and Digital Media Design
- Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
Dr Belinda Paulovich is Lecturer in Communication Design at Swinburne University of Technology’s School of Design and Architecture and is a member of Swinburne’s Centre for Design Innovation.
Belinda’s research investigates the role of design in improving health, wellbeing, and social outcomes across the lifespan using a combination of participatory design and communication design approaches. She is passionate about demonstrating the value of design at a societal level. As an interdisciplinary scholar that works at the nexus of design and health, she works collaboratively with health professionals, patients, and relevant stakeholders to develop a shared understanding of what it means to conduct design research and practice in health settings. Belinda has contributed to the growing design and health evidence-base through dissemination of a collaborative design model that has been internationally recognised. Throughout her research practice, Belinda has led national, cross-institution collaborations and has established partnerships with industry that have attracted both internal and external funding.
Belinda values scholarly engagement with industry and facilitates this by bringing industry experiences into the classroom. She has embedded industry projects within the units she teaches that have resulted in students securing internships and employment.
Strategic & Transformative Design: Health; Co-design; Design for Health and Wellbeing; Participatory Design; User-centred Design; Human-centred Design
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Design - 330300
Communication Design;Participatory Design
Also published as: Paulovich, Belinda; Paulovich, B.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2019: The EVE-M Initiative - Enhancing the Vaginal Environment and Microbiome *; Frontier Health and Medical Research Program
- 2019: Toolkit to co-design with older adults in residential and community setting *; UnitingAgeWell Fund Scheme
* Chief Investigator
- 2020-01-25: Use Your Outside Voice! on exhibition at Port Macquarie Library - Port Macquarie News
- 2020-01-10: Exhibition from young changemakers opens in Port Macquarie - CSU News
- 2019-03-13: CSU promotes Picture Justice Australia program to inspire local youth - CSU News
- 2016-10-26: Exhibition: a personal Peranakan journey - CSU News
- 2015-10-23: Graphic design students' skills exhibited - CSU News