Dr Boda Ning
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Engineering
- Centre for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Construction
- Department of Civil and Construction Engineering
- ATC732 Hawthorn campus
Dr Boda Ning received the B.Eng. degree in automatic control from East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai, China, in 2011, and the M.Sc. degree with Distinction in control systems from University of Manchester, Manchester, U.K., in 2012. From 2010 to 2011, he was an exchange student at University of Dundee, Dundee, U.K. As a Vice-Chancellor's Research Scholarship (2013-2017) recipient, he graduated with the Ph.D. degree in electrical and electronic engineering from Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia, in 2017.
He is currently working as a Senior Research Engineer with Swinburne University of Technology. Prior to this, he was a Research Fellow with RMIT University from April 2019 to December 2019. From September 2017 to March 2019, he was a Research Fellow with Swinburne University of Technology.
Dr Ning's research interest includes cooperative control of multi-robot/agent systems, coordination of wireless robotic networks. Currently, his focus is on automation in construction, such as mobile robots in 3D printing.
In the area of automatic control, he is a reviewer for the Top journals of Automatica and IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control.
Z. Zuo, Q.-L. Han, and B. Ning, Fixed-Time Cooperative Control of Multi-Agent Systems. 153 pages, Springer, ISBN 978-3-030-20278-1.
Selected Journal Publications:
- B. Ning, Q.-L. Han, and L. Ding, Distributed secondary control of AC microgrids with external disturbances and directed communication topologies: A full-order sliding-mode approach, IEEE/CAA Journal of Automatica Sinica, accepted and published online, doi: 10.1109/JAS.2020.1003315.
- B. Ning, Q.-L. Han, and Z. Zuo, Bipartite consensus tracking for second-order multi-agent systems: A time-varying function based preset-time approach, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, accepted and published online, doi: 10.1109/TAC.2020.3008125.
- B. Ning, Q.-L. Han, and L. Ding, Distributed finite-time secondary frequency and voltage control for islanded microgrids with communication delays and switching topologies, IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, accepted and published online, doi: 10.1109/TCYB.2020.3003690.
- B. Ning, X. Yu, G. Wen, and Z. Cao, Finite-time bipartite tracking control for double-integrator networked systems with cooperative and antagonistic interactions, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers, accepted and published online, doi: 10.1109/TCSI.2020.2996312.
- B. Ning, Q.-L. Han, and Q. Lu, Fixed-time leader-following consensus for multiple wheeled mobile robots, IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, accepted and published online, doi: 10.1109/TCYB.2019.2955543.
- L. Ding, Q.-L. Han, B. Ning, and D. Yue, Distributed resilient finite-time secondary control for heterogeneous battery energy storage systems under denial-of-service attacks, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 4909-4919, July 2020.
- B. Ning, Q.-L. Han, and Z. Zuo, Distributed optimization of multiagent systems with preserved network connectivity, IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, vol. 49, no. 11, pp. 3980-3990, November 2019.
- Z. Zuo, Q.-L. Han, and B. Ning, An explicit estimate for the upper bound of the settling time in fixed-time leader-following consensus of high-order multi-variable multi-agent systems, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 66, no. 8, pp. 6250-6259, August 2019.
- B. Ning, Q.-L. Han, and Z. Zuo, Practical fixed-time consensus for integrator-type multi-agent systems, Automatica, vol. 105, pp. 406-414, July 2019.
- B. Ning and Q.-L. Han, Prescribed finite-time consensus tracking for multi-agent systems with nonholonomic chained-form dynamics, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 64, no. 4, pp. 1686-1693, April 2019 (Highly Cited Paper).
- B. Ning, Q.-L. Han, and Z. Zuo, Distributed optimization for multiagent systems: An edge-based fixed-time consensus approach, IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 122-132, January 2019 (Highly Cited Paper).
- Z. Zuo, Q.-L. Han, B. Ning, X. Ge, and X.-M. Zhang, An overview of recent advances in fixed-time cooperative control of multi-agent systems, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 2322-2334, June 2018 (Highly Cited Paper).
- B. Ning, Q.-L. Han, Z. Zuo, J. Jin, and J. Zheng, Collective behaviors of mobile robots beyond the nearest neighbor rules with switching topology, IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 1577-1590, May 2018 (Highly Cited Paper).
- X. Ge, Q.-L. Han, D. Ding, X.-M. Zhang, and B. Ning, A survey on recent advances in distributed sampled-data cooperative control of multi-agent systems, Neurocomputing, vol. 275, pp. 1684-1701, January 2018 (Highly Cited Paper).
- B. Ning, J. Jin, B. Krishnamachari, J. Zheng, and Z. Man, Two-stage deployment strategy for wireless robotic networks via a class of interaction models, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems, vol. 47, no. 7, pp. 1510-1521, July 2017.
Automation and Control Systems; Multi-Agent Systems; Consensus; Automation in Construction
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Co-Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Control Systems, Robotics And Automation - 090602
- Automation And Control Engineering - 091302
- Construction Engineering - 090502
Also published as: Ning, Boda; Ning, B.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
There are no grants to display.
There are no media items to display