Professor Bronwyn Fox
- School of Engineering
- Swinburne Research
Bronwyn Fox is an Adjunct Professor at Swinburne University of Technology. Formerly she held the position of Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Enterprise). Prior to this appointment, Professor Fox was founding Director of the university's Manufacturing Futures Research Institute with a mission to support the transition of Australia’s manufacturing sector to Industry 4.0 - the fourth industrial revolution.
Demonstrating sustained commitment to supporting the growth of the manufacturing industry in Australia through targeted research, Professor Fox was previously one of the founders of the Carbon Nexus facility at Deakin University, which catalysed the creation of an industrial research precinct. Leveraging her specific knowledge of materials science and engineering, Professor Fox has built multidisciplinary teams to work with the manufacturing sector to ensure they are digitally equipped and linked into global supply chains.
Bronwyn is an internationally recognised expert on carbon fibre and composite materials and is Chair of the Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering (Victorian Division), a Fellow of the Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering (ATSE), a Fellow of the Royal Australian Chemical Institute (RACI) and a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD).
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Materials Engineering - 401600
Also published as: Fox, Bronwyn; Fox, B.; Fox, B. L.; Fox, Bronwyn L.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: COMPOSITE PANELS FOR MILITARY SHELTERS *; APR Internship Program
- 2019: High Value Carbon Materials from Brown Coal *; GrapheneX Pty Ltd
- 2019: Industry 4.0 manufacturing of high volume light weight composites *; Innovation Connections
- 2019: Industry 4.0 manufacturing of high-volume lightweight composites *; Global Innovation Linkages Program
- 2019: THERMOPLASTIC COMPOSITE ATL EVALUATION *; The Boeing Company
- 2018: Automation of High Volume Composite Component Manufacture *; Ford Motor Company Fund Scheme
- 2017: Automated preforming of carbon fibers for aerospace applications. *; Boeing Aerostructures Australia Pty Ltd
- 2017: Hybrid Composite Materials and Structures *; DMTC
- 2017: The Sports Injury Sitter (SIS) *; Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- 2017: Virtual Digitalisation with RFID Technology for Steel Fabrication *; Innovation Connections
- 2016: ARC Research Hub for a World-class Future Fibre Industry *; ARC Industrial Transformation Research Hubs
- 2016: Thermoset materials scoping studyDMTC Project 9.45 *; DMTC
- 2015: High performance sustainable carbon fibres from Australian spinifex grass *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2014: Bioinspired interfaces for improved carbon fibre composite performance *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2013: Bioinspired interfaces for improved carbon fibre composite performance (VCAMM PhD scholarship) *; VCAMM Scholarship
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display