Professor Bronwyn Fox
Professor Bronwyn Fox is Director of Swinburne’s Manufacturing Futures Research Institute, which is strategically positioned at the intersection of design, business, engineering and science. Professor Fox is a recognised industry leader with over two decades’ experience in composites and advanced manufacturing.
Professor Fox is translating this industrial research expertise into the development of a new Industry 4.0 manufacturing capability, focusing on the challenging automation processes associated with the construction and curing of composite structures. She has delivered major research projects in collaboration with industry both nationally and internationally.
Professor Fox comes to Swinburne from Deakin University, where she was a co-founder of the Carbon Nexus facility – a $100 million research precinct development in Geelong focused on advanced materials and manufacturing. Professor Fox was the inaugural Research Director at Deakin’s Carbon Nexus facility, working with international teams to develop new approaches for carbon fibre production.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Materials Engineering - 091200
Also published as: Fox, Bronwyn; Fox, B.; Fox, B. L.; Fox, Bronwyn L.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2019: High Value Carbon Materials from Brown Coal *; GrapheneX Pty Ltd
- 2019: Industry 4.0 manufacturing of high volume light weight composites *; Innovation Connections
- 2019: Industry 4.0 manufacturing of high-volume lightweight composites *; Global Innovation Linkages Program
- 2018: Automation of High Volume Composite Component Manufacture *; Ford Motor Company Fund Scheme
- 2017: Automated preforming of carbon fibers for aerospace applications. *; Boeing Aerostructures Australia Pty Ltd
- 2017: Graphene Supply Chain Certification *; Agilent Technologies Australia Pty Ltd
- 2017: Hybrid Composite Materials and Structures *; DMTC
- 2017: The Sports Injury Sitter (SIS) *; Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- 2017: Virtual Digitalisation with RFID Technology for Steel Fabrication *; Innovation Connections
- 2016: A World Class Future Fibre Industry Transformation Research Hub *; ARC Industrial Transformation Research Hubs
- 2016: Thermoset materials scoping studyDMTC Project 9.45 *; DMTC
- 2015: High performance sustainable carbon fibres from Australian spinifex grass *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2014: Bioinspired interfaces for improved carbon fibre composite performance *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2013: Bioinspired interfaces for improved carbon fibre composite performance (VCAMM PhD scholarship for Racim Radjef) *; VCAMM Scholarship
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display