Dr Bradley Elphinstone
- Faculty of Health, Arts & Design
- School of Health Sciences
- Department of Psychological Sciences
- Hawthorn campus
Psychological Measurement; Social Psychology
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Associate Supervisor.
PhD topics and outlines
Nonattachment, mindfulness, equanimity: This is much the same area as mentioned for Honours projects. A PhD permits far greater exploration, and the ability to add to or redefine existing concepts. I am more than happy to work with PhD students to design a project that fits with their interests.
Available to supervise honours students.
Honours topics and outlines
Approach to supervision: The topic area provided is an example of my area of interest. I am more than happy to work with students in this area, or related areas, to develop a project which is more closely aligned with your interests.
Nonattachment, mindfulness, equanimity and their applications in a range of areas.: The topic area provided is an example of my area of interest. I am more than happy to work with students in this area, or related areas, to develop a project which is more closely aligned with your interests.
Fields of Research
- Psychology - 170100
Psychological Measurement;Sport Psychology;Psychological Measurement;Sport Psychology
Also published as: Elphinstone, Bradley; Elphinstone, B.; Elphinstone, Brad
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: Towards a trusted genomic repository: Tackling commercialisation fears *; Genomics Health Futures Mission Project Grant
- 2013: Monitoring anxiety & depression in the Australian population over time: The development of an annual national Anxiety & Depression Monitor. *; Barbara Dicker Brain Science grant
* Chief Investigator
- 2018-10-19: Coping with failure - ABC Radio National
- 2018-10-09: Interview with ABC 774 Breakfast - ABC Radio Melbourne
- 2018-10-05: The Japanese art of kintsugi and how it can help with defeat in sport - The Conversation
- 2015-12-08: Want to spread Christmas joy? Ditch the stocking stuffers and give experiences instead. - The Drum
- 2015-05-01: Our anger at execution should extend to deeper outrages - Sydney Morning Herald
- 2014-11-27: The psychology behind the security laws - The Drum