Professor Bryan Dalton
Ph D, Monash University, Australia; M Sc, Melbourne University, Australia; B Sc, Melbourne University, Australia
- School of Science
- Centre for Quantum and Optical Science
- Department of Physics and Astronomy
- AD203c Hawthorn campus
Professor Dalton has made research contributions in Quantum Optics, Molecular Physics and Cold Atom Physics. He has published over 100 refereed scientific papers, which have been cited over 2500 times. He is joint author (with Professors S Barnett and J Jeffers from the UK) of an Oxford University Press textbook entitled Phase Space Methods for Degenerate Quantum Gases. He was recently elected a Fellow of the Institute of Physics (UK) in recognition of his research and other achievements, including in the development of Quantum Optics in Australia. Before coming to Swinburne in 2002, Professor Dalton was a Reader in Theoretical Physics at University of Queensland. He obtained his PhD in Molecular Physics at Monash University, having completed a B Sc and M Sc at Melbourne University. He holds a Visiting Academic Appointment at University of Glasgow (UK). His current research interests include (a) Theory of Cold Fermi Gases and Grassmann Phase Space Theory (b) Entanglement, EPR Steering and Bell Non-Locality in Systems of Identical Massive Bosons.
Ultracold Quantum Gases; Quantum Physics; Molecular Physics
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Quantum Physics - 510800
- 2018, International, Fellow, Institute of Physics
- 2012, International, E T S Walton Visiting Fellowship, Science Foundation of Ireland
- 1990 - 1991: Chair, Australian Institute of Physics, Queensland Branch, Australia
- 1970 - 2018: Member, Australian Institute of Physics, Australia
- 2000 - 2018: Member, Institute of Physics, United Kingdom
Also published as: Dalton, Bryan; Dalton, B.; Dalton, B. J.; Dalton, Bryan J.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2003: ARC Centre of Excellence for Quantum Atom Optics *; ARC Centre of Excellence Scheme
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display