Dr Ajay Krishnamurthy
PhD, CQuniversity, Rockhampton, Australia; Masters of Science, Mumbai University, India; Bachelors of Science, Mumbai University, India
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Science
- Office of Senior DVC and Provost
- Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology
- ATC 811 Hawthorn campus
Dr Ajay Krishnamurthy received his PhD from Central Queensland University, Rockhampton investigating the effects of polymicrobial infection on the induction of otitis media (middle ear infection). He joined Swinburne University of Technology in December 2012 as a Senior Postdoctoral Research Fellow. He is investigating the microbial pathogenesis of middle ear infection and the effectiveness of vaccine antigens against acute infection by Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Dr Krishnamurthy's research interests include microbial pathogenesis of respiratory tract infections, host-microbe dynamics in biofilm formation using animal and tissue culture models, vaccine strategy using quorum sensing signalling molecules in respiratory tract infections. Prior to his PhD, he worked on multi-drug resistant tuberculosis using mycobacteriophages, prevalence of beta-lactamase producing strains among clinical isolates, and antimirobial activity of broad spectrum beta-lactams at medical centres in India.
Microbial pathogenesis; Microbial biofilms; Microbe-host interactions; Polymicrobial otitis media; Respiratory tract infections
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Medical Microbiology - 110800
- 2010, Other, Outstanding PhD Thesis Award, CQUniversity, Rockhampton
- 2008, National, Rita Colwell-Nancy Millis Postgraduate Student Travel Award , Australian Society for Microbiology
- 2006, Other, International Postgraduate Research Award , CQUniversity, Rockhampton, Australia
Also published as: Krishnamurthy, Ajay; Krishnamurthy, A.; Krishnamurty, Ajay
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
There are no grants to display.
There are no media items to display