Professor Anita Kocsis
Anita Kocsis is Director of Design Factory Melbourne, a transdisciplinary platform that creates the conditions for design led innovation by brokering collaborative university industry-engaged research.DFM is a founder member of the Design Factory Global network of 24 design factories worldwide. Anita has 15 years’ experience in the commercial and corporate sectors and now leads DFM in a key role developing innovation capability with partnerships across diverse university sectors and local and global research centres including Stanford and Aalto universities, CSIRO, ANSTO and CERN. DFM human centred design research includes patient pathways, hospital food waste reduction, novel user experiences and new industrial materials for safe flooring.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Design Innovation - 120302
- Communications Technologies - 100500
- Interactive Media - 190205
Also published as: Kocsis, Anita; Kocsis, A.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: The establishment of a a Design Factory node at Nandin *; Australian Nuclear Science & Technology Organisation
- 2019: DFM_Global_19_20_HPI_Narcolepsy Patients *; Hasso Platner Institute
- 2019: DFM_Global_19_20_NKC_Micro-cooling Tech *; Yanmar Fund Scheme
- 2019: DFM_Global_19_29_Yanmar_Distributed/Agriculture *; Yanmar Fund Scheme
- 2019: DFM_WHCG Healthcare Co-Design *; Wimmera Health Care Group
- 2018: DFM: Organic farming of fruit and vegetables *; Yanmar Fund Scheme
- 2018: Flipping high risk healthcare: A design-led service blueprint for surgical pathways *; Stryker_PT
- 2016: Concierge: Reducing Stress and Cognitive Load by Exploring the use of guided Curated Processes. *; Rockit Advertising Pty Ltd - Research Contract
- 2016: DFM DHHS Unified Client Experience *; Department of Health and Human Services Fund Scheme
- 2016: DFM IRESS Enabling valuable conversations through UI *; IRESS Ltd Fund scheme/contract
- 2015: SDF: ANZ placement and scholarships (for 3 x Masters students: Stephanie Rowlands, Hannah Binfield & Alastair Gray). *; ANZ student placement and scholarships
- 2015: The Meaning of experience in social customer-service interaction: Designing services for Chinese Generation Y *; ANZ
- 2014: Industrial Transformation Training Centre in Biodevices and Diagnostics *; ARC Industrial Transformation Training Centres
- 2014: SDF: Item tracking in hospitals *; DataSAM grant
- 2014: Swinburne Design Factory industry project: Smart textiles applications *; Council of Textile & Fashion Industries of Australia
- 2013: Challenging the tradition: Caulking Guns *; Visy
- 2012: Analysis of the future of publishing: a reich media approach *; Julie Renouf Photographer - Contract
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display