Dr Abhik Banerjee
- School of Software and Electrical Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
- EN505b.02 Hawthorn campus
I am a Senior Research Fellow and Associate Director, Digital Innovation Lab. My research interests are in the areas of Internet of Things, Industry 4.0, Wireless Networking and Indoor Positioning.
I previously graduated with a Phd from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, in 2012. My doctoral studies focused on reduction of overhead costs in wireless networks, with a particular focus on leveraging wireless broadcast advantage. Subsequently, I worked at Institut Telecom, France, focusing on self-organization in wireless and vehicular networks through the use of evolutionary algorithms. Between 2012 and 2016, I worked with Samsung R&D India – Bangalore, where my primary focus was the design and development of networking middleware for smartphones, addressing multiple issues in connectivity management encompassing Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Cellular Data. Immediately preceding my role at Swinburne, I worked as a software architect with Bosch India, building systems for IoT enabled environments. Here, I led the development of an edge based indoor positioning platform for large scale retail environments. I also worked on building a decentralized IoT system for electric mobility.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Co-Supervisor.
Also published as: Banerjee, Abhik; Banerjee, A.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2023: Industry 4.0 Readiness Assessment Module A *; ACC HIGGINS FUND SCHEME
- 2022: Industry 4.0 Readiness Assessment Module B & C *; GANGI GERMICIDAL SYSTEMS PTY LTD FUND SCHEME
- 2022: Industry 4.0 Readiness Assessment Module-A *; Innovative Manufacturing CRC
- 2022: Industry 4.0 Readiness Assessments *; Australian Meat Processor Corporation
- 2019: Development of an Internet of Things-based Physical Access Controller *; Innovation Connections
- 2019: Industry 4.0 Data-driven study for dealing with variation in the Vegemite Evaporation Process *; Bega Cheese Pty Ltd
- 2019: Industry 4.0 Inbound Milk Supply Chain Monitoring Pilot *; Bega Cheese Pty Ltd
- 2019: Live Inbound Milk Logistics Monitoring and Forecasting Platform *; Bega Cheese Pty Ltd
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display