Our researchers work with the automotive industry, providing services including virtual design and analysis, improvisation of assembly sequences, reverse engineering and human and machine interface studies.
We also work closely with the civil and construction industry and medical industry.
- Stereoscopic Display icatcher Mini- Eon software and motion builder, hand gloves for design walk-throughs
- Auto stereoscopic Display- Scenarios for Aleoscopic screens for design refinement
- Cyber glove II for design walk-throughs
- 20 camera motion capture using Arena for human-machine interface
- Handheld Artec 3D scanner for reverse engineering
- Electromagnetic capture for body movements.
Our current projects
Researchers at our Virtual Design Lab are currently working on:
- a virtual reality-based safety and ergonomic evaluation of above-ground fire shelters
- use of virtual reality tools for improving design process and productivity for sleep apnoea ergonomic support system
- decision support framework for the safety of elderly workers undertaking manual handling works
- an e-plane, an innovative flying machine designed capable of vertical take-offs
- an e-Walker, an intelligent assistive technology designed for ageing population
- a drive train and battery packaging design for an electric vehicle.