Research informs our vision
Welcome to the Tourism, Hospitality, and Destination Management Research Group. We’re dedicated to advancing knowledge through practice, and rigorous research involving end-users and service providers of global tourism and hospitality services. Our focus countries are Australia and Malaysia.
Academic experts, industry practitioners, and policy makers all benefit from our research. We conduct interdisciplinary research across economics, human resource, management, and marketing.
The hospitality and tourism collaboration opportunities we generate, include:
- best practice, current trends, and recent developments
- destination-specific insights
- contributions to destination competitiveness and socioeconomic growth
- employment and entrepreneurship
- innovative, and sustainable development
- contemporary partnership models.
In 2020, we reached 151–200 in the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU). We aim to better this as we continue our research into tourism and hospitality, by:
- consolidating and promoting greater cross-campus collaborations between Swinburne Australia and Sarawak academics who are actively pursuing tourism and hospitality research
- providing infrastructure and formal support for Swinburne scholars from both campuses who are interested in the sector
- cementing our reputation as the destination experts in tourism and hospitality research, especially in Australia and Malaysia.