About this study
We’re looking for participants willing to attend three in-person visits to Swinburne University (Hawthorn campus) and take two online cognitive tests (from your home) over a three-month period.
You may be eligible to participate if you:
- are aged over 60
- are a non-smoker
- are in good general health
- are fluent in written and spoken English
- have no current endocrine, gastrointestinal or bleeding disorders
- have no history of dementia, stroke or neurological disease (e.g. Alzheimer’s Disease)
- have no history of significant brain trauma, stroke, loss of consciousness or epilepsy
- have no history of alcohol or drug dependency
- have no history of anxiety, depression or other psychiatric disorders requiring treatment in the last two years
- are not suffering from heart disease or uncontrolled high blood pressure
- are not on certain medications (to be determined by the researchers) that may affect the study outcome
- are willing to provide blood samples throughout the testing phases.
Note: Additional eligibility criteria may apply to participate in this study.
Participation will involve:
- attending the Centre for Human Psychopharmacology on three separate occasions
- completing two online testing sessions at home over a three-month period
- taking CoQ10 (or a placebo) daily during this period.
In-person testing sessions will take approximately three hours each and online testing sessions will require approximately 45 minutes each. You will be reimbursed for completing this study to cover your time and travel expenses.
If you’re interested in participating, please complete the form below and we will be in touch.