Swinburne University of Technology is proud to announce that 13 of our academics have been named on the 2021 Highly Cited Researchers list from Clarivate.
The Swinburne researchers recognised for their world-leading excellence are:
- Professor Chris Blake (Space Science)
- Professor Jinjun Chen (Computer Science)
- Professor Niki Frantzeskaki (Cross-Field)
- Dr Xiaohua Ge (Computer Science)
- Professor Qing-Long Han (Engineering and Computer Science)
- Associate Professor Ivo Labbé (Space Science)
- Associate Professor Tianyi Ma (Cross-Field)
- Professor Saad Mekhilef (Engineering)
- Professor Richard H Osborne (Social Sciences)
- Professor Neville Owen (Social Sciences)
- Professor Yang Xiang (Computer Science)
- Associate Professor Tonghua Zhang (Mathematics)
- Associate Professor Xian-Ming Zhang (Engineering and Computer Science)
Swinburne University of Technology Vice-Chancellor, Professor Pascale Quester, congratulated each of the researchers for their excellent results and achievements.
‘The outcomes for these talented researchers continue to showcase Swinburne as the prototype of a new and different university – one that is truly of technology, innovation and entrepreneurship and committed to real-world impact,’ Professor Quester said.
‘Swinburne has progressed from having one researcher on the 2015 list to 13 researchers recognised across 15 Essential Science Indicator fields in 2021. Swinburne’s focus on science, technology and space is having a demonstrable impact – for today and the generations to come,’ she said.
Swinburne Chief Scientist and Acting Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research), Professor Virginia Kilborn, said: ‘This is an outstanding achievement by all involved and strongly aligns with Swinburne’s vision of people and technology working together for a better world.’
The list recognises those who have published papers that rank in the top one per cent by citations for field and publication year in the Web of Science citation index.
Highly Cited Researchers methodology
Since 2001, the Highly Cited Researchers list has identified global research scientists and social scientists who have demonstrated exceptional influence, reflected through the publication of multiple papers frequently cited by their peers.
The methodology that determines the influential researchers list draws on the data and analysis performed by bibliometric experts and data scientists at the Institute for Scientific Information at Clarivate.
The full 2021 Highly Cited Researchers list can be found on the Clarivate website.