Explore the most open of Open Days
- Sunday 30 July 2017
- Hawthorn campus
Want to jump into a flight simulator or witness firsthand what actually happens during an earthquake? Then come along to Swinburne’s Open Day where you can explore study opportunities and gain hands-on experience of student life at Swinburne.
From 10am until 4pm on Sunday 30 July, Swinburne will throw open its doors to prospective students and their families who will be able to explore the facilities, take guided tours, jump into interactive workshops and talk face-to-face with our internationally recognised academic and teaching staff.
Students and their families will have the opportunity to experience life as a member of the Swinburne community and observe firsthand all that makes Swinburne one of Australia’s most innovative universities.
Highlights of Swinburne’s Open day
- The Games Arcade. Featuring the latest games created by our students, including asymmetrical multiplayer games and puzzle platform games where you must change the environment to progress.
- The revolutionary Bachelor of Engineering Practice (Honours), where traditional lectures have been swapped for intensive hands-on projects, in a simulated workplace, alongside industry partners, on real-world problems.
- Crushing Concrete in the Smart Structures Lab. Would you like to see how much pressure it takes to make carbon-fibre strengthened concrete columns explode? Of course you do!
- Make a Quake! Also in the Smart Structures Lab. It’s the only Multi-Axis Substructure Testing system in the Southern Hemisphere. Witness an actual simulation of an earthquake.
- Flight Simulators. Carry out a pre-flight inspection of a Cessna 172 training aircraft in the aviation lab before taking to the virtual skies in Victoria’s only Redbird flight simulator.
- Swinburne Startups. Discover an incredible range of products and services designed and created by Swinburne students and Swinburne startups.
- The Health Hub. Take part in the exciting installation that will have you literally jumping to take a 3D photo of yourself.
- Meet Richmond Footy Stars. Two players will be on campus, thanks to Swinburne’s partnership with Richmond Football Club.
Media enquiries0455 502 999