Swinburne has launched a new university strategy, with a vision to be a world-class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation.
“In a fast-paced world that is constantly changing, our vision emboldens us to move forward and affirms our pledge to create positive impact,” Swinburne Vice-Chancellor Professor Linda Kristjanson says.
“This vision builds on our strengths. More than 100 years ago, Swinburne opened its doors with a commitment to education and community service.
“This commitment to employment-focused, high-quality education continues. We have a demonstrated record of effective industry engagement and a wealth of scientific and technological expertise.
“Our progressive design-led thinking has empowered us to develop student-centred teaching experiences to prepare our graduates for the future.
“Our culture is characterised by an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative thinking and we know that our world-ranked research programs position us to tackle complex challenges and advance frontiers of knowledge.”
Swinburne’s vision and strategy will come to life through strategic projects delivering on three key result areas.
Future ready learners
Swinburne will work to transform the future of education and give students the knowledge, adaptability, experience and global outlook they will need to succeed in the careers of the future.
- Our Transforming Learning Strategy includes a refreshed curriculum that fosters active learning and supports employability outcomes.
- A focus on health innovations will see the university expand our offerings to deliver a new suite of industry-linked courses that support the changing needs of the healthcare industry.
- Swinburne will build on its strengths in STEM.
- The university is also strengthening business by developing outstanding products with a unique value proposition, having the best people from industry, and creating state-of-the-art flexible learning spaces.
Research with impact
By strengthening the university's global presence and reputation, Swinburne's research will transform industry and communities through meaningful social and economic impact.
- Research institutes continue to facilitate collaboration with multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary research teams for economic and social impact.
- Swinburne will continue to build long-lasting relationships with businesses and industries to develop programs and activities that focus on research translation and commercialisation.
- Joint research centres will increase the strength, scale and reach of the university's research endeavours globally.
Swinburne aims to lead as an innovative and globally capable enterprise that is known for its agility and responsiveness and is equipped to deliver excellence.
- Global capability initiatives will expand the university international presence and competitive product portfolio to prepare students to graduate as truly global citizens.
- The university will extend its program of digital transformation, continually creating digital experiences and capabilities that meet the demands of a dynamic digital future.
“As we drive forward our 2025 Vision and Strategy, we will also celebrate the tremendous milestone of 25 years as a university,” Professor Kristjanson says.
“We have accomplished so much over the last two decades and I am deeply proud of all that has been achieved.”
View Swinburne’s 2025 Vision and Strategy.