Explore this complex country while working collaboratively in small teams to apply human-centred design principles to engineering projects.
- Locations: Nepal
- Dates: January 2021 (exact dates to be confirmed)
- Eligible students: Undergraduate
- Cost: TBC
- Application submission: Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis with offers made until places are filled.
- Application close date: 20 August 2020
- Unit code: EAT20008
Study tour overview
Human-Centred Design is an approach to problem-solving and design that “starts with the people you’re designing for and ends with new solutions that are tailor-made to suit their needs” (IDEO). Learn from local experts how these principles are applied in the Nepali context.
The Global Challenges International Study Tour (Nepal) is a unique opportunity to explore this complex country and dive deep into building strong and resilient communities. On the program you will work collaboratively in small teams, learn how to apply human centered design principals and immerse yourself in the local culture. For more information visit the Unbound website.
- Immerse yourself in the local culture
- Develop and enhance existing community projects, or create new ones while ensuring that local communities are at the heart of each project
- Work collaboratively in small multidisciplinary teams with students from universities across Australia
- Day 1 to 3 – Orientation and immersion in Nepali culture
- Day 4 to 6 – Working with communities through a human centered design process
- Day 7 to 9 – Exploring the local area to gain insights for your projects
- Day 11 to 13 – Rapid prototyping, presenting your work and graduation celebration
Eligibility and selection criteria
To apply, students need to complete the application form on Unbound’s website. Unbound will share your application with the Swinburne tour leader and together the Unbound Design Summit team and Swinburne tour leader will select the successful applicants.
To be eligible for the NCP scholarships to attend the Unbound Global Challenges International Study Tour to Nepal you must also obtain a signed study plan. Please contact your tour leader for more information.