- Destination/s: Vietnam
- Dates: 25 November - 10 December 2023
- Cost: TBC + airfares
- Funding available: New Colombo Plan scholarships valued at AUD $3,000 and OS HELP Loans available for eligible students
- Eligible students: Undergraduate Business students
- Applications close: 31 August, 2023
- Register your interest
Study tour overview
In this program, you will be developing your global career in one of the most dynamic regions of Asia by working on a project for an industry client. You will be immersed in the local culture and business environment over a 15-day period in Vietnam. You’ll have the opportunity to interact with senior executives in Vietnam, other key stakeholders and, together with your team, provide consulting solutions and recommendations of value to the client. You will be guided and accompanied by academic coaches and mentors with extensive experience in the region before and during the fieldwork in Vietnam.
In addition to obtaining academic credits for the core unit in the Bachelor of Business degree BUS30032: Industry Consulting Project, you will diversify your study experience and gain a competitive edge in the global job market working on a real-life project for an international client. You will apply and develop management consulting, intercultural communication, creative problem solving, critical thinking, teamwork, and networking skills beneficial for international professional careers and opportunities.
Highlights / tentative itinerary
- Working on a real-life consulting project for an industry client under the guidance of academic coaches and local mentors and supported by local students
- Regular interactions with client’s senior executives and industry experts
- Presenting project outcomes to a panel of client representatives
- Networking with relevant groups, including Swinburne alumni and local students
- Team building activities
- An overnight cruise trip to the World Heritage Ha Long Bay during a weekend
Which unit/s can this program be taken for as credit?
Can this unit be taken as an elective by students in any Swinburne degree?
Eligibility and selection criteria
Completion of BUS30031, BUS30024 or BUS30010 by the end of Semester 2, 2023
Online application including a personal statement.