Roles and responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities of the SRC include:
- acting as a network for the exchange of information about the business being conducted by university boards and committees
- acting as a consultative body for education issues
- acting as a consultative body for education policy at the University
- increasing the level of student representation on Swinburne’s boards and committees
- improving the educational experience for all Swinburne's students (across all campuses and modes of delivery)
- consulting with and providing a forum for students to provide feedback and recommendations about:
- education quality and standards
- Swinburne’s policies and procedures
- Swinburne’s physical, cultural and technological learning environments
- student retention and engagement.
Our committees and boards
The committees and boards that make up the SRC are:
Student consultative committees
Student consultative committees (SCCs) facilitate collaboration and consultation between educational leaders and their student representatives. There is an SCC for:
- each of Swinburne's six schools
- vocational education
- Academic Senate
- University Council
- Swinburne Student Life.
Each SCC has four student representatives and every member of the SRC has a position on a consultative committee. They meet several times a year to discuss issues and work together towards improving the Swinburne student experience.
SCCs provide the opportunity for:
- providing educational leaders with student feedback on ideas, projects and initiatives geared towards improving the student experience
- student representatives to raise academic issues
- an open forum for student representatives to provide suggestions
- collaborative projects between educational leadership and student representatives.
Gathering your feedback
The SRC organises events and activities to facilitate student feedback and input around issues at Swinburne.
We operate a weekly stall at Hawthorn campus to get feedback from students via surveys, a suggestion box and just having conversations with our reps. We're usually located in the atrium by the library or in the AD108 area. We also have a collection of flyers and lollies for students to grab while you’re at our stall. We do this to get a wide range of feedback from many students and promote the service of the SRC to all students