Your student ID card now gives you automatic access to the latelab and BA silent study room at Hawthorn Campus.
- Your Swinburne ID card is for your use only. Do not bring others in and do not prop the door open or an alarm will sound
- Respect other users by keeping noise to a minimum
- Keep the Latelab and BA Silent Study Room clean and tidy: use the bins provided
- Carry your Swinburne ID card with you. Security staff may ask you to leave if you don’t
- Go home if you get tired. Sleeping in the Latelab may compromise your personal safety.
How to access the Latelab and BA Silent Study Room
- You will have automatic access within 24 hours of obtaining your student ID card
- The Latelab is a computer lab on levels one and two of the Hawthorn library
- The BA Silent Study Room is a silent study space on level two of the BA building
- After-hours access is via the doors in the atrium
- For security reasons you must leave the Latelab when the library closes. You may then re-enter through the after-hours door
- After-hours access to the level one Latelab is by lift only, using your card
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any access difficulties using your student ID card.
- The Latelab and BA Silent Study Room is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week except some public holidays (Christmas, New Year and emergency maintenance)
- Closures will be advertised on the library website and on the atrium doors.
- During normal opening hours you can ask library staff for assistance or contact us
- In an emergency you can call Security (+61 3 9214 3333)
- There is an emergency phone linked directly to security on the pillar near the Latelab door
- Emergency procedures and floor plans are posted in the Latelab on levels one and two. Take notice of where your nearest emergency exit route will be.