Your Latelab Space
The Latelab is your computer lab and study space. Your student ID card gives you automatic access to the latelabs at Hawthorn, Wantirna and Croydon campuses.
Hawthorn’s fully refurbished Latelab is now open, we now have a brand new entrance into the Latelab via John St. This will also give you access into the library during Library opening hours. Come and enjoy the new set up of PCs, print and copy areas, meeting rooms, casual seating and many collaboration spaces. You will also find our friendly Rover team on Level 1 waiting to help you.
- Your Swinburne ID card is for your use only. Do not bring others in and do not prop the door open or an alarm will sound
- Respect other users by keeping noise to a minimum
- Keep the Latelab clean and tidy: use the bins provided
- Carry your Swinburne ID card with you. Security staff may ask you to leave if you don’t have it on you
- Go home if you get tired. Sleeping in the Latelab may compromise your personal safety.
How to access the 24-hour Latelabs
- You will have automatic access within 24 hours of obtaining your student ID card
- After-hours access for Hawthorn is via John Street, for Wantirna and Croydon is via the Latelab doors
- Contact email@example.com if you have any access difficulties using your student ID card.
- The Hawthorn Latelab is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week except for some public holidays (Christmas, New Years, and for emergency maintenance)
- Croydon and Wantirna Latelab hours Monday to Friday 7am -9:30pm (unless classes are booked during the day), Saturday 8am-6pm and closed on Sundays.
- Closures will be advertised on the library website.
- During normal opening hours you can ask Library and studentHQ staff, our Library Liaisons or Rovers on Level 1 at Hawthorn for assistance or contact us.
- In an emergency you can call Security (+61 3 9214 3333).
- There is an emergency phone in each Latelab for you to call security.
- Emergency procedures and floor plans are posted in the Latelab. Take notice of where your nearest emergency exit route will be.