Register for 24-hour access
Get 24-hour access to our Latelab and BA Silent Study Room at Hawthorn campus. Register your current Swinburne ID card for access by the end of the next business day.
Watch the video: Access the Latelab
Fields marked with an * are mandatory.
- Your Swinburne ID card is for your use only. Do not bring others in and do not prop the door open or an alarm will sound
- Respect other users by keeping noise to a minimum
- Keep the Latelab and BA Silent Study Room clean and tidy: use the bins provided
- Carry your Swinburne ID card with you. Security staff may ask you to leave if you don’t
- Go home if you get tired. Sleeping in the Latelab may compromise your personal safety.
Your card number is located on the front or the reverse:
How to access the Latelab and BA Silent Study Room
- Register your Swinburne ID card details online each year
- Access will be granted within 24 hours (Monday to Friday only)
- The Latelab is a computer lab on levels one and two of the Hawthorn library
- The BA Silent Study Room is a silent study space on level two of the BA building
- After-hours access is via the doors in the atrium
- For security reasons you must leave the Latelab when the library closes. You may then re-enter through the after-hours door
- After-hours access to the level one Latelab is by lift only, using your card.
- The Latelab and BA Silent Study Room is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week except some public holidays (Christmas, New Year and emergency maintenance)
- Closures will be advertised on the library website and on the atrium doors.
- During normal opening hours you can ask library staff for assistance or contact us
- In an emergency you can call Security (+61 3 9214 3333)
- There is an emergency phone linked directly to security on the pillar near the Latelab door
- Emergency procedures and floor plans are posted in the Latelab on levels one and two. Take notice of where your nearest emergency exit route will be.