Clubs and societies
There's more to being a student than just classes and assignments. Joining a club (or creating a new one) is a great way to meet like-minded people, explore your favourite hobby or sport (or learn a new one), be part of regular social activities and even add some extra spice to your CV.
Browse through the lists below to discover all the different types of clubs:
- service/social justice
- student union groups
- faculty groups.
If you have an idea for a new club, get in touch with the Swinburne Student Amenities Association (SSAA) to find out how it’s done.
Most of Swinburne's many student clubs are facilitated by the SSAA, though the Swinburne Student Union has a few groups (see below) and there are some faculty-based groups.
SSAA clubs in 2017
- 3SSR Swinburne Student Media
- Academy of Street Dance
- Behind The Game
- Biomedical Engineering Society
- Chess @ Swin
- Dumbledore's Army
- FOCUS OCF
- Indonesian Student Association (PPIA)
- Iranian Community of Swinburne
- Malaysian Swinburne
- PhD Club
- Planet Uni
- Postgraduate Craft Brewing Society
- Sound Freqs @ Swinburne
- Swinburne Advertising and Marketing Association
- Swinburne Afghan Students Association
- Swinburne Anime Club
- Swinburne Aviation Society
- Swinburne Chinese Student & Scholars Association
- Swinburne Christian Union
- Swinburne Italian Club
- Swinburne Japanese Club
- Swinburne Kung Fu Club
- Swinburne Lacrosse Club
- Swinburne Law Students' Society
- Swinburne Linux Club
- Swinburne Sri Lankan Student Association
- Swinburne Tinkerers Guild
- Swinburne University Psychology Association
- Swinburne University Snow Squad
- Vietnamese Student Association at Swinburne
- Yoga and Wellbeing
How to join an SSAA club
The link below will take you to our clubs and societies portal. You'll need to register on your first visit and then use your student login details after that.
Swinburne Student Union groups
Visit the Swinburne Student Union website for information about SSU groups:
- Hawthorn Campus Collective
- Queer Department
- Sustainabilty Collective
- Women's Department
- Indigenous Network.
The Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology has the following student groups. These are an ideal way to network, build skills, make friends and prepare yourself to be job-ready.
- Engineers without Borders Swinburne group – this chapter of Engineers without Borders Australia that connects people through humanitarian engineering
- Platform Female – a group for women in tech
- Women in Engineering @Swinburne – attracting, supporting and celebrating women in engineering
- Women in ICT – a Facebook social group for women studying ICT units at Swinburne