We will usually send you your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) within one week of receiving:

  • your Offer Acceptance Form

  • your deposit

  • any additional documents listed on your Letter of Offer

A CoE serves as proof of your Swinburne enrolment and you’ll need it to apply for a student visa to study in Australia. We will only issue you with a CoE if we are satisfied that you meet Australian regulatory requirements.

If you have been offered more than one course, you will receive a CoE for each course you have accepted. 

You must provide all CoEs to the Department of Home Affairs.

Want to check your CoE?

Use this form to confirm that you have completed the enrolment process for an international student. You must be enrolled in your course before completing this form.

Find out more

If you have a current student visa, you will need to apply for a new student visa before your current visa expires. Your new visa must last the full duration of your study with us.

If you change your course or course duration, you must inform the Department of Home Affairs. To do this, you must obtain a new CoE from us. 

Note: There are restrictions that mean the Department of Home Affairs may not allow a visa extension. Issuing a new CoE to cover an increase in your course duration is not automatic and can only be done in certain circumstances. 

Need more information?

Find out all you need to know about applying for a student visa in Australia. 

Find out more