- Applicants must be 18 years of age at the time of placement
- NDIS Worker Screening Check – this process includes a National Police Check*
- Working with Children Check (Volunteer or Employee) for the duration of the program.
*If a candidate believes there would be a disclosable issue on their National Police Check, a confidential conversation will be required prior to enrolment to determine suitability for work within the healthcare environment.
This course requires up-to-date evidence of immunisations. If you are not willing to provide up-to-date evidence, you may not be eligible to complete this program.
Immunisation requirements include the following:
- COVID-19 Vaccination – full course required after 15 November 2021
- Measles / Mumps / Rubella
- Diphtheria / Tetanus/ Pertussis (Whooping Cough)
- Varicella (Chickenpox)
- Hepatitis B
- Influenza (Annual requirement)
- Tuberculosis Screening – QuantiFERON Gold test.
For more information about the minimum immunisation requirements please download the Vaccination for healthcare workers information.
Additional immunisations may be required in response to any changes in Government policy or the specific requirements of the organisation you attend for your clinical placement. Further information will be provided at the commencement of the course.
Informed Choices Statement
View the Informed Choices statement, which provides information about the inherent requirements of nursing, specifically the essential physical and behavioural abilities needed to perform assessment tasks and professional placements in nursing and progress to a career in this field. This information is intended to assist you to choose whether you can successfully participate in and complete a course.
Prior to applying
Please review the following additional requirements before submitting your application:
- Applicants must be residing in Victoria, Australia, for the duration of the course.
- You must maintain a current Police Check and Working with Children Check for the duration of the course.
- The first unit of this course, HLTAID011 Provide First Aid, must be completed prior to your first placement. This requirement can be filled by providing evidence of your completion in an Accredited First Aid course. You can complete this through different providers, including St. John Ambulance Australia and Australian Red Cross.
- This course requires up-to-date evidence of immunisations. If you are not able to provide up-to-date evidence, you will not be able to attend the clinical placement component of this course. For more information about the minimum immunisation requirements, please visit the health.vic website. Additional immunisations may be required in response to any changes in Government policy or the specific requirements of the organisation you attend for your clinical placement. Further information will be provided at the commencement of the course.
- Applicants without formal qualifications but with significant relevant work experience are welcome to apply.