The following additional criteria for entry apply for this course:
- All applicants must be a minimum of 18 years old at the commencement of the course
- All students must hold a current Working with Children Check throughout the duration of the program
- All students must hold a current Police Check throughout the duration of the program* (* If a candidate believes there would be a disclosable issue on their Police Check, a confidential conversation will be required prior to enrolment to determine suitability for work within the community services environment).
- Applicants will need to demonstrate literacy and numeracy competencies.
- Students will need access to a computer with a reliable internet connection, with adequate speed and sufficient data allowance.
Workplace or Employer
Workplace or Employer delivery requirements (for those currently employed in the community services sector):
- At least 12 months experience working in the community services sector*
- Currently employed in the community services sector for a minimum of 21 hours per week**
*Applicants need to provide evidence with their application - please submit your current Resume/CV
**Applicants need to provide evidence with their application - please submit a letter from your current employer confirming this
Please note: Documents substantiating work experience need to be provided on company letterhead and clearly detail current employment duration and number of hours per week worked.
Informed Choices statement
View the Informed Choices statement, which provides information about the inherent requirements of community services, specifically the essential physical and behavioural abilities needed to perform assessment tasks, professional placements and progress to a career in this field. This information is intended to assist you to choose whether you can successfully participate in and complete a course.