Support for current employers
Swinburne has been delivering vocational education qualifications for more than 100 years. We deliver industry relevant training and have specialist staff to provide current employers with expert advice, guidance and mentoring for apprenticeships and traineeships. We also conduct site visits to meet your needs.
We hold regular events at our Croydon and Wantirna campuses where you can get to know the trade teachers, tour the campuses and have your questions answered.
Throughout the year, our teaching staff will keep you up-to-date on the progress of your apprentices and trainees. They’re available to discuss any issues or concerns that may arise.
Forms and documents
Complete this form to confirm that your apprentice has completed their apprenticeship.
Complete this form to confirm that your trainee has completed their traineeship.
Complete this form if you wish to vary a training contract with the Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority. Both the employer and apprentice must sign the form. Send completed forms to your Australian Apprenticeship Support Network provider.
- Apprenticeship Support Australia: Further information about apprenticeships and traineeships for employers
- Australian Apprenticeships: Learn about employer responsibilities, fees, training contacts and federal government incentives
- Department of Education and Training: Learn about how to recruit an apprentice or trainee, including state government incentives for apprenticeships
- Energy Safe Victoria: Electrical licensing requirements
- Fair Work Australia: Guide to taking on an apprentice
- Fair Work Australia: Paying wages
- National Centre for Vocational Education Research: Developing and sustaining successful partnerships between employers and training providers: good practice guide
- Victorian Building Authority: Building/Plumbing regulations and requirements