The fine print
Nominations are via submission of up to 500 words outlining the nominee's key achievements, and how they demonstrate impact in the respective award category.
We ask that the nominees are not approached for information or advised of the nomination at any stage.
Nominations were due by Friday 30 June 2023, they are now closed.
Award recipient eligibility and exclusions
All Swinburne alumni are eligible to receive an Alumni Impact Award.
The following exclusions apply:
- honorary degree recipients who did not complete a Swinburne degree
- self-nominations and nominations from close relatives
- those currently holding public office
- current students
- current Swinburne staff members who are not Swinburne graduates
- awards cannot be granted posthumously.
Nomination confidentiality and award decisions
Nominations are confidential. Only alumni finalists will be contacted by the Swinburne Alumni Engagement team.
Alumni Impact Award finalists will be decided by the Swinburne Alumni Impact Awards Nominations Selection Committee and no debate will be entered into.
Dates and deadlines
- Nomination submissions deadline: Friday 30 June 2023
- Finalists will be contacted by: Monday 24 July 2023
- Awards presented: Thursday 12 October 2023.
Note: The Swinburne Alumni Engagement team sits within Swinburne Advancement. Swinburne Advancement may contact nominators or nominees via phone, email or organise a face-to-face appointments as appropriate. Individual nominations will be kept confidential within Swinburne University of Technology. Your nomination will be linked to a record in the Swinburne Advancement database with any other information already on your record in the database and your contact details will be updated. Access to such additional information will allow Swinburne to carry out more detailed analysis. We point out, that no information which identifies you or any other alumni member is disclosed outside Swinburne University of Technology.