The University subscribes to the principles articulated in the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research jointly developed and issued by the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC), the Australian Research Council (ARC) and Universities Australia.
The University expects staff, students and visitors engaged in research to:
- observe the highest standards of the responsible conduct of research
- embrace the highest ethical, professional and scholarly standards in research
- demonstrate intellectual honesty
- promote a strong research culture
- meet responsibilities to the research community and the public
- strive to ensure that the benefits of research results are passed to other researchers, professional practitioners and the wider community
- emphasise quality and originality
- be open to scrutiny and debate of research methods and results.
3.2. Responsibilities relating to the conduct of research
Staff, students and visitors engaged in research must familiarise themselves with the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research and the expectations and guidelines of the University.