1.4 Environmental sustainability
The University continually develops plans and strategies to foster sustainability.
Some of the actions the University undertakes in relation to such plans and strategies include:
- complying with environmental laws and regulations and any environment related procedures
- considering environmental impacts when making commercial decisions and purchasing goods and services
- considering environmental and social impacts in the investment choices that it makes (Responsible Investment Charter)
- identifying alternatives to traditional practices in order to limit environmental impact
- responsibly using resources, managing waste and encouraging re-use and recycling where possible
- promoting sustainability in the curriculum, research and the work place.