Diversity in practice: People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
|Delivery mode||Face-to-face workshop|
Enhance your ability to work respectfully with people from diverse social and cultural groups. This course focuses on those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Define the key concepts and definitions of diversity, including appreciation, inclusiveness and impact of marginalisation
- Discuss the key diversity aspects and characteristics of people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and the potential needs of this group
- Identify and reflect on own social and cultural beliefs, values and biases
- Use reflection to support own ability to work inclusively with people
- Communicate with and support people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
This course is open to staff and volunteers of CHSP and/or HACC PYP providers in Victoria.
- Team leaders/Coordinators
- HACC PYP Assessors
- Allied health professionals
- Allied health assistants
- Community care workers/home care workers
- Social support coordinators
- Social support workers
- Property maintenance staff
What to bring
Please bring along a notebook and pen to take your own notes. In addition, we’ll supply you with a workbook.
Receive a Victorian Community Care Education and Training Service (VCCETS) Certificate of Attendance upon completion of this course.
The certificate complements any existing qualifications you have working in Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) and Victorian Home and Community Care Program for Younger People (HACC PYP).
Statement of attainment
If you wish to be issued with a unit of competency statement of attainment, you will need to undertake further assessment. This assessment will cover both knowledge and skill components. You may be required to provide additional information about how you are applying your workshop training in the workplace.
For further details, please email email@example.com
Book this course
Select your preferred location and date to make a booking.
|Thursday 7 February 2019||9.30am – 3.00pm||Western metropolitan||Sunshine||Register now|
|Thursday 7 March 2019||9.30am – 3.00pm||Eastern metropolitan||Wantirna||Register now|
|Tuesday 19 March 2019||9.30am – 3.00pm||Northern metropolitan||Preston||Register now|
|Monday 13 May 2019||9.30am – 3.00pm||Southern metropolitan||Frankston||Register now|
How to cancel
If you have booked and are now unable to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org giving at least one weeks’ notice so your place can be offered to someone else.