From the on-campus Residential College and student apartments, to off-campus rooms and houses, there are a range of housing options available while studying at Swinburne.
Tours of Swinburne Student Residences are available upon request. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
Applications for 2016
Semester 2 applications are now closed – all rooms are currently full! All active applications have now been placed on our wait list.
If you require assistance in seeking alternative accommodation please contact a Swinburne housing adviser.
Applications for 2017
Applications for 2017 will open on 1 August.
You must receive an offer to study at Swinburne to be eligible for an accommodation offer.
We will make accommodation offers according to the VTAC offer release schedule – the main round of offers will be made from 19 January onward. Feel free to contact us if you have been made an academic offer during the early offer or international offer rounds.
Applications made before 19 January will be given a higher priority over those made later, however you will still be able to make an application after 19 January.
Making an application does not guarantee you accommodation at Swinburne Student Residences
- On-campus accommodation Fully furnished apartments and dormitory-style accommodation.
- Off-campus accommodation Information on off-campus accommodation and advice on renting and sharing.
- Temporary accommodation Advice for students new to Melbourne.
- Visitor and group accommodation Information for short-term stays, university guests and conference accommodation.
- Support for students Frequently asked questions and useful resources for residents.
- Contact us Find a Swinburne housing adviser or find out who to contact in a crisis.
International students under 18
If you are an international student under 18 years of age, you must live with a relative approved by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP), apply to live on campus or apply for Swinburne-approved homestay accommodation.