Learning and Academic Skills (LAS) Centre
Welcome to the Learning and Academic Skills (LAS) Centre. Come to us for free advice on how to improve your learning and academic skills, and advice on how to meet your current course requirements. By developing your skills you are likely to achieve better results, which will increase your employability.
- Assignment, assessment, academic skills Recognising and responding to task requirements and assessment criteria, planning an outline and presenting a professional-looking report.
- Research writing and communication skills Developing oral and written communication skills for research work including thesis writing.
- Maths, physics, statistics and computer literacy Improving knowledge and understanding of maths and physics concepts, basic statistics and computer literacy.
- Language and learning skills Improving language and learning skills to become a more effective communicator. Focused on the needs of international students and English as a second language students.
- Workshops and short courses Workshops and short courses run through the year to provide help on popular topics.
- Online Study Skills Resources A range of language and study resources that will enable you to be more successful in your studies, employment and beyond.
- Individual consultations Individuals and small groups can book an appointment on a specific topic with a Learning and Academic Skills advisor.