Swinburne ranked in top 3% of universities in the world
Monday 15 August 2016
- Swinburne listed in top 500 research institutions
- Swinburne ranked in ARWU top 500 since 2009
- Australia has six universities in the global top 100
Swinburne University of Technology has been named as one of the world’s top 500 universities by the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU).
The ARWU ranking puts Swinburne in the top three per cent of universities in the world.
Swinburne’s world-leading and internationally recognised research is reflected in recent initiatives which include:
- the development of an ultrathin, lightweight, graphene optical lens that could revolutionise next generation devices
- a groundbreaking imaging technique that pinpoints the source of seizures is changing the lives of some epilepsy sufferers
- being part of an international team
Earlier in 2016, Swinburne ranked in The Times Higher Education 150 Under 50 Rankings, which recognises the world’s top universities under the age of 50.