Elekta TRIUX MEG
Magnetoencephalography (MEG) is a safe, non-invasive human brain imaging technique. The MEG scanner measures the very small magnetic fields produced by the active brain using external sensors configured as a hemispherical grid that covers the head. Applications of MEG include basic research into perceptual and cognitive brain processes, localizing regions affected by pathology before surgical removal, and determining the function of various parts of the brain.
The Neuromag TRIUX, is a new magnetoencephalography (MEG) platform from Elekta. It addresses key MEG requirements that are critical for robust functional mapping studies. The system features higher tolerance for magnetic interferences, new user interface features and patient comfort enhancements.
The MEG system at BPsyC has been established with the full range of peripheral technologies and stimuli presentation devices available. This includes:
- an MEG compatible EEG setup from Neuroscan
- an MEG compatible eye tracking setup from Eyelink
- a button box to allow the collection of motor responses
- a video screen to allow the presentation of visual stimuli
- headphones / speakers to allow the presentation of auditory stimuli
- a dedicated on site PC with Presentation and E-Prime software licences
BPsyC's MEG can be booked by interested parties. Facility hire rates are provided from 60 minutes to whole day bookings. Please see Neuroimaging Fee Schedules for costs.