Search databases for journal articles:
Search Complete (EBSCOhost)
Multi-disciplinary database, includes full text articles on environment and ecology.
- GreenFILE (EBSCOhost)
GreenFILE is a database of articles and web pages covering all aspects of human impact and the environment. GreenFILE indexes nearly 300,000 journal articles as well as linking to more than 4,600 web pages.
- Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre (EBSCOhost) - Contains leading Australian and New Zealand newspapers & magazines and a few international ones too, as well as some reference books in full text.
- Australian Standards - Standards Online is a complete collection of Australian standards. Includes a small number of selected ISO standards. AS4509 is the standard for stand-alone power systems.
- ENGINE - Australian Engineering - Australian Engineering Database (ENGINE) is an indexing and abstracting database coveraging all branches of engineering including: agricultural, civil, coastal, electrical, electronic, geotechnical, mechanical, ocean, and water.
- ScienceDirect (Elsevier) - ScienceDirect contains over 25% of the world's science, technology and medicine full text and bibliographic information. Useful titles include Building & environment; Renewable & sustainable energy reviews; Solar energy materials & solar cells; and Energy conversion & management.
- Alternative Energy - Graves, W 2011
- Australian Sustainable Energy by the Numbers - Seligman, Dr P 2010
- Electricity from Renewable Sources: Status, Prospects and Impediments - National Academy of Sciences (U.S.A) 2010
- The Homeowners Guide to Renewable Energy - Achieving energy independence through solar, wind, biomass and hydropower 2011 Chiras, D 2011
- Large Energy Storage Systems Handbook - Barnes, FS, Levine, JG 2011
- Renewable Energy Commercialization ( Three generation technological study) Ryder, F 2011
- Renewable Energy - The Facts - Siefried, D, Witzell, W 2010
- Clean Energy Council
- Clean Energy Australia Report
- CSIRO Energy Technology overview
- CSIRO Renewable Energy
- Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) Energy information portal is maintained by the US Department of Energy and provides links to information about biomass, hybrid energy, geothermal, hydrogen, hydropower, ocean wave energy, solar power, wind power and better building/housing designs & technologies.
- The Energy Research Institute -From The University of Melbourne
- Environment Design Guide Online - From The Australian Institute of Architects - Design advice for architects and bulding professionals.
- EREC - European Renewable Energy Council - "The umbrella organisation of the European renewable energy industry, trade and research associations active in the sectors of bioenergy, geothermal, ocean, small hydropower, solar electricity, solar thermal and wind energy".
- Renewable Energy From The Australian Government Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency
Bioenergy / Biofuels
- Bioenergy Australia - Consisting of members from industry and government bodies this organisation is involved in promoting and facilitating all aspects of biomass and bioenergy including production and utilisation. The website includes reports, studies, newsletters and a huge collection of links to download.
- Bioenergy Environmental Impact Assessment Framework (BIAS)
- Biofuels Digest
- Geothermal Education Office (GEO) - The Geothermal Education Office (USA) produces and distributes educational materials about geothermal energy.
- Geothermal - From the US Energy Information Administration
- How Geothermal Energy Works - From the Union of Concerned Scientists
- Geothermal Home Guide - From Personal Dividends
Hydrogen energy and Fuel cells
- Fuel Cell Today "Fuel Cell Today has a range of information for site users interested in gaining a sound understanding of the various fuel cell technologies, the history of their development, and general market background".Detailed information on history, technology, applications and benefits can be found on the FAQ page.
- Fuels Cells - From the Smithsonian Museum this site explores the history of fuel cells
- National Hydrogen Association of Australia - Two major sections: one discussing Hydrogen Energy and the other is about fuel cells. Also provides information, news and links.
- Australian Solar Energy Society (AuSES)
- Bureau of Meteorology: average daily solar exposure - Get maps of annual and monthly solar exposure for Australia
- Solar Power: Energy from the Sun - From the CSIRO
- Solar Energy at CECS - From the ANU
- International Hydropower Association (IHA) - Provides country reports about hydropower developments; links to hydropower associations in various countries as well as many factsheets, newsletters and recent articles.
- Tidal energy chapter from the World Energy Council's 2007 Survey of Energy Resource
- Wave energy chapter from the World Energy Council's 2007 Survey of Energy Resources
- American Wind Energy Association Includes information about small wind energy systems as well as utility scale systems.
- Danish Wind Industry Association Denmark is a leader in wind energy. The Knowledge tab on the horizontal toolbar takes you to Statistics, Publications and an (advanced) Guided tour but the animated tour Wind with Miller is a wonderful introduction to all things wind energy.
- Wind Energy Research Unit Information about the research being undertaken by this unit of CSIRO Land and Water.