Databases enable you to search for articles on a particular topic:
- Academic OneFile on Gale A major database containing full text articles from many of the leading journals across a broad range of subject areas. Indexes some multimedia journals such as Journal of game development and Game developer.
- Academic Search Complete on Ebscohost A comprehensive scholarly, multidisciplinary full text database, with more than 5,300 full text periodicals.
- Computer Database on Gale Use this database to find computer-related product introductions, news and reviews in areas such as hardware, software, electronics, engineering, communications and the application of technology.
- Computers & Applied Sciences Complete on Ebscohost Provides indexing and abstracts for more than 1,800 academic journals, professional publications, and other reference sources from a diverse collection.
- Expanded Academic ASAP on Gale A multidisciplinary database covering a wide range of subject areas.
- ProQuest Central This database serves as the central resource for researchers at all levels. Covering more than 160 subjects areas, ProQuest Central is the largest aggregated database of periodical content. This award-winning online reference resource features a highly-respected, diversified mix of content including scholarly journals, trade publications, magazines, books, newspapers, reports and videos.
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global is the world's most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses from around the world, spanning from 1743 to the present day and offering full text for graduate works added since 1997, along with selected full text for works written prior to 1997. It contains a significant amount of new international dissertations and theses both in citations and in full text.
- Scopus The world's largest abstract and indexing database.
- SpringerLink Full text articles from almost all journals published by Springer. Indexes some multimedia journals such as Multimedia Tools and Applications, Virtual Reality and Gaming, Simulations and Society.
- Web of Science Provides access to current and retrospective multidisciplinary information from approximately 8,700 of the most prestigious, high impact research journals in the world. You can search most disciplines and time spans back to 1982 to uncover information relevant to your research.
- Tip: If full text is not provided use the Full Text? button to link to the full text in other databases (if available).
- Sage Research Methods Online A database of ebooks, articles, videos and other resources to help researchers to design and conduct research projects, understand methods, identify new methods and write up results.
Learn how to improve your research skills - watch our short online tutorials!
Basic searching on Ebscohost (2min 16)
Shows how to do simple searches and find full text. Also explains the Full Text? button .
Advanced searching on Ebscohost (2min 39)
Shows how to refine searches using truncation and phrase searching.
- Books 24X7 Contains several thousand online IT books, covering such topics as Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, 3ds max, Direct x, Action Script and many other multimedia programs and techniques.
- EBL Ebook Library A collection of more than 30,000 online books across a range of subject areas.
- EduTV on Informit Provides television documentaries and series as streamed video. Covering a range of educational programs from free-to-air stations and some pay TV channels, including BBC Knowledge and Discovery.
- TVNews on Informit Provides online access to news, current affairs and selected documentary programs that have been broadcast on Australian television such as Four Corners, Catalyst and Cutting Edge.
- Artport The Whitney Museum's portal to net art and digital arts, and an online gallery space for commissioned net art projects.
- Good Game Website of ABC's television program. Download vodcasts of episodes, read game reviews, and more.
- Rhizome.org Platform for the global new media art community. It supports the creation, presentation, discussion & preservation of contemporary art that uses new technologies in significant ways.