Film and television
- Academic Search Complete Provides full text for over 1,200 journals covering the social sciences and humanities
- Art and Architecture Complete on EBSCOhost
- Art Full Text on EBSCOhost
- Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre on EBSCOhost Contains full text articles from selected Australian newspapers, journals, and reference books..
- Australian Public Affairs Full Text (APA-FT) on Informit- index to thousands of social sciences and humanities articles, includes full text articles from 320 journal titles.
- Communication & Mass Media Complete on EBSCOhost
- EJS E-Journals on EBSCOhost
- Factiva Contains full text articles from hundreds of major newspapers.
- Humanities International Complete on EBSCOhost
- Swinburne Commons Digital media content produced across Swinburne. Includes Off Air Television recordings made available under Swinburne's TV and Radio Licence.
- TV News on Informit Australian television news, current affairs and selected documentaries from the free-to-air networks with links to the digitised video content in a compressed format.
- All Movie Database
- The Big Cartoon Database
- Bonza: an Australian and NZ film history database compiled by Cinema Studies students at RMIT
- British Film Institute - archive resources online. including BFI on YouTube
- Internet Movie Database
- UCLA Film & Television Archive
- Urban Cinefile (Aust.) includes film reviews, interviews etc
- Complete Film Production Handbook
- Filmcraft: Cinematography
- Frame by Frame Stop Motion NonTraditional Approaches to Stop Motion Animation.
- First Cut 2: more conversations with film editors.
- Set Lighting Technician's Handbook
- Shut up and shoot documentary guide: a down and dirty DV production
- Techniques of film and video editing
- American Cinematographer
- Continuum - (Australian)
- Film Comment
- Film Criticism
- The Film Journal
- Journal of film and video
- Journal of popular film and television
- Jump cut
- Metro - Australian
- Rouge: contains scholarly articles on non-mainstream cinema
- Senses of Cinema: Melbourne-based online journal
- Sight and Sound
- Velvet Light Trap
- Video Age International
- 100 Years of Movies
- BritMovie Website dedicated to British Cinema
- Cinema Sites: comprehensive list of news, reviews, studio information etc
- The Encyclopaedia Of Fantastic Film and TV
- Film Buffs Forecast
- Film Sound information on the artistic and technological aspects on the sound and music in film
- Greatest Film Site
- Innersense Cinema: Independent film making and criticism (Aust.)
- MediaSearch Australian film resources
- OzFilm: a guide to Australian film
- The RML Movie Page Richard Lowensteins mammoth directory of links to Film, TV and production resources
- Urban Cinefile: Australian and Overseas film resources
Awards and Film Festivals
- Australian Digital & Video Film Festival
- Film Festivals lists most international film festivals and award winners
- Documentary Festivals
- International Directory of Lesbian & Gay Film and Video Festivals
- Melbourne Fringe Festival
- Melbourne International Animation Festival
- Melbourne International Film Festival
- Melbourne Queer Film Festival
- Melbourne Underground Film Festival
- Noise this festival will profile young creative Australians and their works right across the media
- Popcorn Taxi Sydney and Melbourne film events
- Tropfest: the worlds largest short film festival
- CineFiles (Pacific Film Archives) Searchable online reviews
- FilmCritic.com hosts more than 3,000 movie reviews
- Movie Review Query Engine the best search engine for locating full-text reviews online
- New York Times Movie archived reviews from the past 20yrs.
- Moria: The Science Fiction, Horror and Fantasy Film Review
- Women's Studies Database Film Reviews
- Yahoo -Directory of Film reviews arranged by reviewer, genre etc.
Gender, Ethnicity and Sexuality
- Asians in Media
- Commercial Closet: improving lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender perceptions through better advertising
- Feminist Film Reviews (Uni. of Maryland)
- Gay Lesbian & Bisexual Television Characters
- Gay/Lesbians in Motion Pictures
- Gender, Ethnicity & Race in Media
- The Movies: Race & Ethnicity
- PopcornQ Movies: "The ultimate online home for the queer moving image."
- Women & Film Websites maintained by the Women's Studies Section of ACRL
- Women in Cinema: a reference guide : Philip McEldowney
- The Women in Film Organisation
- Women in Film & Television (Aust.)
- Women Make Movies
- Australian Centre for the Moving Image
- Australian Children's Television Foundation
- Australian Film Institute
- Australian Film, Television & Radio School
- Cinema and Theatre Historical Society
- Classification Website
- Film Victoria
- Screen Producer's Association of Australia
- Screen Australia
- Swinburne Commons - Most programs in this collection are made available (with access restricted to Swinburne staff and students) under Swinburne's TV and Radio Licence. It contains documentaries and a growing number of classic and contemporary films.
- EduTV - As well as significant documentaries Informit EduTV also includes several programs broadcast on Pay TV channels such as The History Channel, National Geographic, NITV, BBC Knowledge and Discovery. This database continues to grow by up to 80 programs a week, making it an invaluable contemporary and historical resource for teaching and learning. EduTV provides content across a range of learning areas including Media Studies, Performing Arts, Politics, Technology, Society, Culture, Visual Arts and Design.
- TV News - Australian television news, current affairs and selected documentaries from the free-to-air networks with links to the digitised video content in a compressed format.
- NFSA Film Australia's YouTube channel
- Australian Screen Online
- British Film Institute (BFI) on YouTube