Your planet must be scaled to match the existing ones in the introduction.
Please download this compressed .obj file, import into mudbox and scale YOUR planet mesh to a similar size before exporting.
File: planet scale 18-11-2010
Exporting / Providing your planet for the Aspergion intro movie
Please follow these instructions…
Mudbox Planets to maya
1. Import planet_scale.obj into your mudbox scene and scale your planet so it is the same size as the sphere.
2. Export a low resolution model of your planet (3-4 lvl subdivision around 100-150k)
3. Export your displacement from the highest sub division for the low resolution version you exported at 4096 resolution please use .tga format
4. Export your normal map from the highest sub division for the low resolution version you exported at 4096 resolution please use .tga format
5. Export your diffuse texture at 4096 resolution please use .tga format
6. Rename everything like this
- Planetname_specular.tga (if required - commonly for water)