Professional Year Program
Swinburne College, in association with the relevant professional bodies is pleased to offer the following Professional Year Programs.
- Australian Computer Society (ACS) Professional Year Program
- Engineers Australia’s (EA) Professional Year in Engineering
- Skilled Migration Internship Program - Accounting (SMIPA)
The next intake is 11 January 2014. Apply now to guarantee your place and take the right step towards launching your career.
Are you looking for a competitive edge in the Australian workforce?
The Professional Year will enhance your employability, help you develop effective communication techniques and market yourself to potential employers.
Through the program you will gain invaluable exposure to the Australian workplace culture and develop the necessary skills to find and keep a job in Australia. In the Swinburne College Professional Year Program you will undertake a 12-week industry internship. Swinburne College will arrange the internship placement for you and guide you through the entire process. Our Professional Year Programs are offered in Accounting, Engineering and Computer Science and have been developed with:
All programs have been approved by the Department of Immigration and Boarder Protection (DIBP) and you will also gain eligibility for migration points towards permanent residency by completing your PYP at Swinburne.
The Program runs for 44 weeks (the next intake has classes beginning in on 11 January 2014 and includes:
- Units in:
- Entry and Advancement in the Australian Workplace
- Communication and Performance in the Australian Workplace
- A 12-week industry internship. (Swinburne College has a 100% placement record for the internship component)
- Networking opportunities
- Professional development opportunities
- Ongoing career support after the program
- Free access to online IELTS preparation course (optional)
If you are a Swinburne University graduate, you will receive a discount of 10% on the whole program.
#(Discounts available for applicants to the Australian Computer Society (ACS) Professional Year in Computer Science and Skilled Migration Internship Program – Accounting (SMIPA) only.)
- A Bachelor or Master degree from an Australian tertiary institution (as a result of at least two years study in Australia)
- IELTS 6.0 (Academic or General), no band below 6.0
- Skills Assessment –from one of the following organisations as relevant:
- Australian Computer Society
- CPA Australia
- Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Institute of Public Accountants
- Skilled – Graduate (Temporary) visa (subclass 485) or Bridging Visa A.
NOTE: Student Visa holders are not eligible
- Application interview
Dates and Location
Professional Year Program
Saturday 11 January 2014
Monday 6 January 2014
|Orientation||Friday 10 January 2014|
Monday 11 January 2014
Saturdays 8:30am – 5:30pm
Fee (ACS & SMIPA)
$12,700 (payable in four instalments), plus $250 enrolment fee.
|Fee (EA)||$15,200 (Engineering PYP fees are payable to Engineers EducationAustralia)|
2014 PYP Course Dates
11 January 2014, 8 February 2014, 5 July 2014, 2 August 2014, 6 December 2014
Click here for the brochure
Learn more about the Professional Year Program SMIPA
Learn more about the Professional Year Program ACS
learn more about the Professional Year Program EA
Download application form
Please note: Professional Year Program Engineering applicants must apply directly to Engineering Australia:
For more information please email email@example.com
T: 1800 897 973 (within Australia)
+61 3 86767002 (outside Australia)
or contact Miz Wescott email: firstname.lastname@example.org