Outgoing exchange and short-term programs
As a Swinburne student, you have a range of international opportunities available to you, including semester exchanges and short-term programs.
You could find yourself taking classes taught in English at one of our many partner institutions in the Asia, Europe, Latin and North America regions.
There are options to study a semester exchange, a summer or winter program along with working overseas or completing work internationally.
Swinburne Sarawak is located in Kuching, the capital of the East Malaysian state of Sarawak. The city has been described as one of the most attractive and liveable in South-East Asia. Rich in history with old-world charms blended into 21st century modernity, the city is home to more than half a million people.
Spend four weeks in Winter Term exploring Malaysia and studying at Swinburne's Sarawak campus to fast track your degree back home.
- Study one Swinburne unit over the winter at our tropical Sarawak campus.
- Experience fascinating culture and cuisines.
- Includes activities such as Kuching City Tour, Damai Beach Visit, Nature Trip to see Orangutans, Kayaking, visit at Indigenous Long House.
- Opportunity for students to fly over earlier to go to the Rainforest festival.
- One of the most affordable study tours available.
- Swinburne is offering $2000 scholarships to the first 10 students that apply and are eligible for the Winter Term in Sarawak (and eligible for AsiaBound funding).
- Subsidy will be available to all other students up to $500 per student.
Swinburne Abroad administers a number of scholarships and travel grants.
In response to the Australian Government’s white paper, Australia in the Asian Century, Swinburne Abroad is offering new opportunities and scholarships for students to study in this dynamic part of the world.
In the 21st century, Asia is expected to play a dominate role on the world stage. We strongly encourage students to become Asia-literate in order to take advantage of what the Asian Century will offer. Studying in Asia is the best way to experience the local culture, develop new skills and build strong and lasting relationships with Asia.
Swinburne has destionations that you can go on semester exchange or short term programs and study tours in one or more of the following countries: Malaysia (including Swinburne Sarawak), China, Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia and India.
Why should you study in Asia:
- Great for your career prospects
- Experience fascinating culture and cuisine
- Government AsiaBound scholarships
- $7,500 OS Help funding to Asia destinations
- There are a large number of scholarships and extra funding for semester exchange to Asia, study tours to Asia and Asian language tutition
- For more information on Asiabound scholarships and funding, please see Swinburne Scholarships, funding and costs
Download information flyer
As a Swinburne student, you have several international opportunities available to take your Swinburne studies overseas; whether you are interested in short-term programs such as studying a unit over Winter Term at our Malaysian campus, or a long-term 6 or 12 month exchange at one of 90 partner institutions around the world.
Choosing to study overseas can be a difficult decision, so we have tried to answer some commonly asked questions and to help dispel some of the myths.
Download ‘5 Myths of studying overseas’ flyer