Outgoing exchange and short-term programs
As a Swinburne student, you have a range of international opportunities available to you, including semester exchanges and short-term programs.
You could find yourself taking classes taught in English at one of our many partner institutions in the Asia, Europe, Latin and North America regions.
There are options to study a semester exchange, a summer or winter program along with working overseas or completing work internationally.
Swinburne Abroad administers a number of scholarships and travel grants.
In response to the Australian Government’s white paper, Australia in the Asian Century, Swinburne Abroad is offering new opportunities and scholarships for students to study in this dynamic part of the world.
In the 21st century, Asia is expected to play a dominate role on the world stage. We strongly encourage students to become Asia-literate in order to take advantage of what the Asian Century will offer. Studying in Asia is the best way to experience the local culture, develop new skills and build strong and lasting relationships with Asia.
Swinburne has destionations that you can go on semester exchange or short term programs and study tours in one or more of the following countries: Malaysia (including Swinburne Sarawak), China, Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia and India.
Why should you study in Asia:
- Great for your career prospects
- Experience fascinating culture and cuisine
- Government AsiaBound scholarships
- $7,500 OS Help funding to Asia destinations
- There are a large number of scholarships and extra funding for semester exchange to Asia, study tours to Asia and Asian language tutition
- For more information on Asiabound scholarships and funding, please see more information